A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for turning up - it was great!
Had some very tasty beers to sample!

Big thanks to Mark for his generous donation to the new club!

I only brought a portait lens with me so I couldnt get everyone in plus I was way to distracted with beer talk, sampling and so forth to take a shot of everyone. So here are the ones I took...

IMG_5208.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5211.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

IMG_5225.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

and 3 more...

See you at the next meeting on the 12th if not earlier!

IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

And for those who didnt believe me with the big open fermentation at my mates brewery have a look at the pictures (thats the 8000l ones here)...

www.riedenburger.de.de

I am obviously loving it - the smell was sensational!
And that other picture is the yeast starter :)

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

Thats more like it!

Awsome pics mate.

I think we have our official photographer folks!

:(
Looks like a great night.
I will be at the next meet, I WILL be at the next meet.
anyone want to give me a job in the Hunter/ Central Coast to get
me out of Sydney? <_<

plenty of work up here mate..... what do you do again?

plenty of work up here mate..... what do you do again?

production manager at the moment, shit kicker, storeman, despatch clerk,
I will even sweep floors if the price is right.
Really regret not doing a trade now :angry:

I know the feeling Punter, having spent many years commuting South at the expense of a social life. :wacko:
They were still going well after 9pm when I left and being only a 45 min drive up from our latitude you might be able to catch at least part of a meeting.

It was good to catch up with a lot of familiar and new faces also.
Lots of people keen to make a go of this so the future looks very bright.

See you all next month.

Well my mild is chillin down now. Had a great brew day. Cant wait to bring it along next meet.

cheers

Hi Folks,

Another excellent night of good company, great food and also great beers. I enjoyed the few examples I manged to try from other brewers very much.

A few things;

Firstly... Thanks to everyone that has shown an interest to making this into a great thing, and by that I mean those that have turned up, and also that have expressed their interest but have unfortunately been hindered by other circumstances and have not been able to attend. Hopefully the latter will be able to join us soon.

Secondly... Thanks to our sponsors for the evening who so kindly gifted us with some prizes to raffle. I know a few people walked away with very big smiles on their faces. Thanks also to Les for his hard work selling the tickets for the raffle, I think I see a promo Manager in the making... ;)

Nextly... A huge thank you to Mark from Mark's Home Brew for his very generous donation to give the club some capital to get off the ground. I think all those present will agree that this was unprompted, and a very kind gesture indeed! Thanks again, Mark.

Lastly... I'll be sending out some minutes from the meeting, as well as some other details either tomorrow or Monday. If you have forwarded details, or you haven't, and you don't get this email, please PM here or send an email to the club address so I can add your details to the database.

Cheers,

Schooey

I had a good night- I tasted some good beers and got some constructive feedback on mine. I was also surprised at the big turnout, being about double that of the first meeting. It looks like we are on to a good thing gents. . .

Alf

Sounds like this is going really well. Good to see the folks back in the Hunter supporting the new club. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys, really enjoyed the night last week...

Might even be the catalyst for me actually posting on AHB rather than just reading what other people have to say!

Good name.

Should be good for the local brewers I think.

Fear_n_Loath

Hi All,

Most of you should have recieved an email with the details for the next meeting by now, if you haven't please let me know. anyway, here they are again for anyone who is interested in coming along;

When: 6.00 pm, Friday 12th february 2010

Where: The Germania Club, 298 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay

What: to bring I hear you ask? Your best Mild. yes, you still have time to brew one, I will be tomorrow... :p

Look forward to seeing you all there....

Cheers

schooey

Sounds good.
Hopefully i will be on day shift so i can check it out.

Just a reminder that the meeting is still on tonight. Apologies i haven't had time to send out an agenda, my employer thinks my time is better spent in other places than the state I live in, but only for so much longer as it goes... :(. The upside is I should have plenty of free time to focus on the new club soon...

There are no surprises in the agenda, only the things we spoke about at the last meeting;

- Membership
- Club Positions
- Club Name
- Club Charter
- Club activities

Please have a think if there is anything else you wish to discuss tonight, and see me before the meeting and I'll add it to the agenda. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,

Schooey

Hi All,

Most of you should have recieved an email with the details for the next meeting by now, if you haven't please let me know. anyway, here they are again for anyone who is interested in coming along;

When: 6.00 pm, Friday 12th february 2010

Where: The Germania Club, 298 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay

What: to bring I hear you ask? Your best Mild. yes, you still have time to brew one, I will be tomorrow... :p

Look forward to seeing you all there....

Cheers

schooey
Ahh damn it!

As of today, i'm technically a Novacastrian. Moved into a little place in Adamstown. Oddly enough I was in Cardiff this arvo visiting my girlfriends brother for lunch.
Not sure on brewing arrangements in my new place, gonna have to ship up my equipment, but am certainly gonna keep a close eye on this thread and club.
I'm also currently studying viticulture at Kurri Kurri TAFE (thus the move), and that seems somewhat handy in regards to brewing in general. Hopefully Mugs Brewery will be up and running in Gods Country within a few weeks.

Great to have you in the hunter mate!

Get a Weisen brewing and bring it along to the next meet!

cheers

Hi

Good meeting yesterday. Looks like we might have a name :rolleyes:
Have sampled some Milds and other beers - all quite nice. Including my first Citra hops beer example.
Not a bad hop at all.

Here are some shots from the meeting too...

IMG_5411_1.jpg

IMG_5412_1.jpg

IMG_5414_1.jpg

IMG_5416_1.jpg

IMG_5418_1.jpg

IMG_5419_1.jpg

IMG_5420_1.jpg

IMG_5421_1.jpg

IMG_5422_1.jpg

IMG_5423_1.jpg

IMG_5424_1.jpg

IMG_5425_1.jpg