A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good. I plan to make it for the meeting and dinner.

I wonder what's on the menu. Sauerkraut and sausages?

count me in. should be a great way of gaining some extra knowledge.

Sounds great guys
Shame its a little too far for me to make the trip from Singleton this time...
Maybe next time and heres hoping im not working away at the time

Is there membership dues and other beinfits from being apart of this or is it just a great get together for ppl of the hunter?

Tom

Is there membership dues and other beinfits from being apart of this or is it just a great get together for ppl of the hunter?

Tom

This will be one of the items on the agenda for discussion tomorrow night, Tom, I believe...

Have just moved house, finally got the internet connected at the new place (after nearly 2 weeks), so have only just heard of this. Im very interested.

Although the new house is with in walking distance of the Germania Club I will not be able to make it tonight as its my wifes work xmas do. i'll email my interest/apology+.

Offy

Well i had a great time last night.

A good turnout..... i thought more would come but its that time of the year hey.

I think this is going to get up and run. I for one am happy to put in some work to help it along.

Good people, a good discussion about club structure ideas, or lack of structure :), future events and activities, some great raffel prizes from some very generous local buisnesses which were much appreciated (including the 2 K+K's i won :p Im gunna brew 'em... dont worry about that!)

A big BIG thanks to Keith and Shawn for there contributions and those locals that worked with them to get this started up! My hat is off.

I know a lot of us have thrown the idea around for a while now and its great to see if started.

For any local brewers interested.......... this is going to a great place to come, to meet other brewers, talk to more experienced brewers, judges to sample your beers and help improve them, join into any brewing activities, outings or events that me come along etc etc.

Dont be afraid to head in if you make kits either......... there are a lot of kit brewers out there and there are always things that can be learnt to improve your brews. This will be a great place to start.

Im looking forward to Trents pics..... he was the only one with a camera :) I will take my SLR along in future.

Cheers and see you all again next meet.

Tony

I was going along But Unfortunatly my grandmother passed away that day after a nasty fall causing bleeding to her brain, So keep me posted for the next 1................I :excl: was so egar to go.

Thanks to Keith and others for organinsing - nice to meet a few of you though not all unfortunately, remedy this is January!

Cliff

I am keen to come along but it is a bit of a hike without driving if one wishes to consume a few beeries. Will the meets always be out lake way or will they be moving around a bit? Good job getting this off and running. I am a kit brewer but would be keen to meet other kit brewers as I usually feel a little inadequate when in the company of AGers. Was thinkin bout how it would be cool if there was a kit only case swap some time - no offence AGers.

I'd just like to add my thanks to Keith, Shawn, Les, Schooey, Dave and the other organisers for getting this off the ground.

The raffle and munchies were a great idea.

Looking forward to January

Pete

Mate.... a lot of us drive from maitland, branxton, some will be coming from singo. Trent comes from Foster! In sure if you come along a couple times there will be car pooling arangements made but you will have to show up to organise it with people there for future meets. I already have one seat taken for the next trip down. In sure i will fill my work truck.

I had a great time, ony had a couple beers and drove home. Its not a Piss up! Its a club meet. Im sure you can sustain from drinking hevily for a couple hours and bring youself and your brewing thoughts, ideas, and a bit of fun along.

Kit brewers are very welcome in this club! I actually encourage more kit brewers to come along. There is so much that can be done with a kit brew and i think the more people there, the better!

I think most meets will be at the club at the bay as its a great venue and they are happy to have us and our home brew on site..... which could be a hang up at other places. I predict there being other outings in the future though........ but this will all take time!

Its going to take lots of local brewers turning up, showing there faces, helping out if they can, and having lots of fun, to really build this club. The more the better! Any work needed will be on a volenteer basis and noone is going to be forced to do stuff for the club. Its ment to be fun!

So keep an eye on this space....... it was kind of decided that the next meet will be Mid January as Xmas kind of fills up everyones time.

I think between now and then we can organise some fun stuff for anyone with a passion for brewing there own beer.

Cheers

Tony

Good to meet everyone friday night hope this keeps going

Sounds like a good start. I am sorry I missed it - got the flu.

Count me in.

Fear_n_Loath

I was going along But Unfortunatly my grandmother passed away that day after a nasty fall causing bleeding to her brain, So keep me posted for the next 1................I :excl: was so egar to go.

Sincere condolences, Jd.. very sad news :(

Please pm me your email address, mate and I'll keep you in the loop.

Ok.. On a lighter note..

I've just sent out a bulk mail for those who I have details for, I know this is a bit of a 'Put your hand up if you're not on the bus' statement, but if you didn't get a message this afternoon, or wish to get involved, please either PM me your email address. and I will add you to the mailing list so you can be kept up to date.

Big thanks to Keith, Les, Shawn and Dave for stepping up and getting the ball rolling on something a lot of people, including myself, have been gesticulating over for a while. It was a great night.... enjoyed a few really good beers and great food with some excellent company.

Also another big thank you to our raffle sponsors for the night;

Potters Brewery and Murrays Beer Co for their kind beer donations

Mark's Home Brew for the donation of an AG brew day on a 50L Braumeister, including ingredients

Kahibah Cellars for an excellent 8 pack of imported beers

Home Brew Inn for the ingredients for two complete K&K brews

Warners at the Bay for two tickets to their International Beer festival

The next meeting has been set down for the 15th January 2010. Details are in today's email, look forward to catching up with you all again then, and some more of that awesome Pork Knuckle from the Germania club.... *Note to self: Pack a bib for next time*

Cheers,

Schooey

Had a great night gents Thanks....
And a massive thanks to the businesses thank are supporting this great work.

Adam

Trent..... where are the pictures?

Here is one i got of dinner time :) Please excuse my cheap arse crap work camera phone pic

cheers

Club_Dinner.jpg

Just a heads up to those that have sent their contact details after the meeting; Don't be worried if you have not recieved anything yet, just waiting for the last few to trickle through the cracks and the newsletter from the last meeting will be sent to you all in a bulk mail. Should be later this week. I have a chocolate porter and an IIPA on the fly at the moment, so that'll be my beers for the next meeting.... :D

Cheers,

schooey

Back