A New Brew Club In The Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if the next meeting is still on for the 15 January? I'm keen to catch up, check out some good beers and get some feedback on mine..

Alfie

Just wondering if the next meeting is still on for the 15 January? I'm keen to catch up, check out some good beers and get some feedback on mine..

Alfie

Alfie,

According to the email from Schooey after the last meeting, it's still the 15th. IIRC it's same time, same place as the first meeting.

Dave

Alfie

Can anybody post details of the next meeting - for those of us signed up but still waiting for the second mail out <_<

Hi Guys,

It was decided at the last meeting that the next meeting would be held on the 15th of January, so not to disappoint those who were present, those who were informed by other means and those who have planned around this date, I can't see any point in changing it. I'm sure some will not be able to attend, but I guess this will be the case no matter what date is set. So at this stage (I say that because I'm not sure if anyone has made contact with the venue to confirm?), the meeting will be as follows;

Friday 15th January, 2010
6.00 pm for a 6.30 pm start
The Germania Club
298 Hillsborough Road, Cardiff NSW

Any changes will be communicated as soon as they come to hand. I suggest if you can't make it on the date but still have some ideas you wish to contribute that you email them to the club email address;

[email protected]

Also, can you please indicate to the above email address if you are attending and wish to stay on after the meeting for a bite to eat. I can assure you it was a hit last time with great food and excellent company.

My apologies for not sending the first flyer to those who missed out first time round but have since made contact, please don't think you have missed out, the Festive Season and some flood water have just gotten in the way, but check your mailbox later tonight or early tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tony

Ok, I have resent the first mailout and (hopefully) included all those who did not attend but frowarded contact details. If you still haven't recieved the mail, or have been sitting on the fence and want to be included, please PM me with your contact details.

Cheers,

schooey

Gday All
As I was appointed resident Photograher for the first meeting (and also appointed myself Club Slack Arse), here are some pics to entice anybody thinking of coming along to chat about beer.
I have all the pics in thumbnail size in my 'puter, so I wont give captions, but as you will be able to see, there were several professional brewers, experienced AG'ers, extract brewers and a few K+K guys all chatting together. Here is the crazy part.... NOBODY KILLED ANYBODY!!! That means that AG guys were giving advice and help to K+K guys, and professional brewers were there to answer all manner of questions to all levels of brewers. There was some great food provided, and a raffle that had some huge prizes from some very generous local sponsors.
If you were thinking about it last month, then we'll see you tomorrow night, cause it will be great! :D

Here are some pics...

IMGP0303.jpg

Looks like I can only upload one pic at a time. Sorry, but I am computer illiterate.
Does this mean that someone else will be official photographer this meeting?
T.

IMGP0305.jpg

Tried shrinking them down to get more pics on...

IMGP0306.jpg

My new computer is starting to give me the tom tits!

IMGP0310.jpg

IMGP0311.jpg

IMGP0312.jpg

Last lot ( I think)
Hope to see an even bigger turnout this week.
Trent

IMGP0321.jpg

IMGP0322.jpg

I have planned my working week around friday. Just so i dont get stuck doing another 13 hr day.

Trent...... i will bring my camera along if you want and take on duties.

See you all tomorrow night. :)

Another one i'll miss :(
May have to start taking half Fridays off.

Tony
Thanks for that, it would be great as I am a slack arse and take ages to get pics up!
Punter, sorry ya wont be there. I think that most of the meetings will be on a friday, so maybe just take a few hours off on each meeting friday?
Looking forward to catching up again
Trent

Will mis this one too.

We have to be in Sydney on Monday for surgery on Pug dear, so an extra trip is not on at present.

Hope it is a great meeting.

G'Day All,

I am a new brewer from Scone, and am very interested to attend some meetings when I can.

Are there any others on here from the Upper Hunter area at all?

shannbrewer

I will be there tonight.

** Reminder to all: Bring a bottle of ur best beer for feedback and sampling. I have a PET bottle of my recent Hobgoblin clone. Will be good to hear how I went.**

Yep, we have brewers in the Upper Hunter, but I'm not one of them.

I will be there too. Cant miss another one.
I can bring my SLR along and take some shots if needed...

Looking forward to catch up with everyone/meet new brewers!

Im charging the battery in my SLR, but the more the better i guess.

I bottled off some LCBA and Saison stout from the tap. Had all sort of fun getting it in there and will probably be 3 parts flat but we will see. I dont bottle anymore.

see you all soon.

Cheers

Well what a turnout! I counted about 35 people!

Awsome to see so many brewers show up for what is going to become a great club.

I had a wonderful time sampling peoples brews, and having mine sampled and commented on. Even found Diacetyl in my LCBA which i put down to "increased maltiness. I still cant taste the butterscotch but i can smell it now that its been pointed out. Was interesting getting others to try it then and see if they could pick it. Trent did a dance when he tasted it for the very first tine :)

As a photographer i need to pick up my act. I was too bust gas bagging, and forgot to take lots of piics but i think Unterberg got a few shots off.

I have my mild mashing right now so its ready for next meet. Smells great too.

Here is the one pic i did take. only really shows 2/3 or the people there. You could hardly move in the end!

cheers

BrewclubnightNo21728x1152.jpg

Latest posts

Back