A little help please with wiring up a PID

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
I'm glad someone else picked that up. I was starting to think the dozen schooners I've had were affecting my thinking.
Im thinking a PID/SSR controlled short circuit could be an interesting exercise if you used the temperature of the house fire as the control reference :)

That's ture zorsco cosdag But No-one has given me answer to that yet. The control panel will not be connected to the main unit
it is 100% right.

plus if some one is to say to me you will also need this component as well, because it does this!!! I'm listening

Problem is every thing on youtube is American.

Yes help and good advice is every thing, I'm building it because so I can start to understand how it works.

georgecopley said:
Problem is every thing on youtube is American.
this shouldn't matter... electrons don't flow in opposite directions in the northern hemisphere. It's just theirs are at 110v and slightly less likely for you to recieved a posthumously given darwin award

georgecopley said:
Yes help and good advice is every thing, I'm building it because so I can start to understand how it works.
For your sake and ours, please understand how it works so you can build it (and make good beer).

Haha, sorry George, this thread must be frustating as **** for you! There are pics on the forum for what you seek if you look hard enough. If you're like me , you'll learn a lot while doing so. Just get it checked by a licensed electrician.

georgecopley said:
Is someone able to give the correct diagram, that's what I'm asking for?
or you could take note of the points raised, attempt to understand the logic behind the wiring and re-attempt your drawing.
More likely to get favourable assistance if you at least show the basic understanding of the electrical circuit (i dont particularly want a misunderstanding on a crappy sketch I would do up on the internet being responsible for someone accidentally getting their d*ck stuck in a power point)

Camo6 said:
Haha, sorry George, this thread must be frustating as **** for you!
it shouldnt be.. theres at least a few replies with pretty useful pointers that should allow him to re-draw that diagram and fix the issues in his initial attempt

SBOB said:
it shouldnt be.. theres at least a few replies with pretty useful pointers that should allow him to re-draw that diagram and fix the issues in his initial attempt
But it's the internet. We want answers NOW goddammit.

georgecopley said:
I do know a licensed electrician who will check it for 12 bottles of my finest.

But is a typical tradie that won't help you while building a project just at the end of it.
George,

Those 'typical tradies' are the people who understand electrical systems to a level that most people don't understand - this includes you at the moment. They will provide technical assurance and quality review so that you don't kill yourself and it takes years and they are skilled and experienced.

I respect Camo6 for his efforts to dissuade you from your PID build. I respect him and all electrical tradespeople who work with the level of liability they have.

Based on your past few posts, I'm no longer convinced you will try out your designs with 24VAC (1Amp) and 9V batteries so that you learn safely. I now think you will rush to get your system running.

Within the brotherhood of beer we are often jovial and will always find a way to crack jokes. In this case I regret not being more cautious and have learnt from the experience.

You should not proceed with your build without professional and licensed supervision and formal sign-off of design documentation. There is a serious risk of death or injury.

Edit: Better phrasing

The attached diagram contains information drawn by my dog after I gave him a beer....

Based on that information I would assume you will use it as a basis for understanding only and obviously not use it to do any kind of 240v wiring because who the f*ck would take electrical wiring information from a dog? They're colour blind after all, and have absolutely no idea about PID control circuits nor any idea about what the pin connections on an InkBird PID controller are..

Some_Random_Electrical_Drawing.jpg

This project has not been rushed, I can say it has been over 6 months just to get this far. Just it is very hard to find someone who is licensed to help with out paying the big dollars. When I do take it over to the person who I know, just to fix up things here and there, it probably will take 2 or more months for him just to even look at.

You get to a stage where youtube can only take you so far, so the next stage was here where I thought advance home brewers with electrical brew setup could give some more information.

That's where I'm at.

SBOB said:
The attached diagram contains information drawn by my dog after I gave him a beer....

Based on that information I would assume you will use it as a basis for understanding only and obviously not use it to do any kind of 240v wiring because who the f*ck would take electrical wiring information from a dog? They're colour blind after all, and have absolutely no idea about PID control circuits nor any idea about what the pin connections on an InkBird PID controller are..
Somebody shout that dog another round.

georgecopley said:
This project has not been rushed, I can say it has been over 6 months just to get this far. Just it is very hard to find someone who is licensed to help with out paying the big dollars. When I do take it over to the person who I know, just to fix up things here and there, it probably will take 2 or more months for him just to even look at.

You get to a stage where youtube can only take you so far, so the next stage was here where I thought advance home brewers with electrical brew setup could give some more information.

That's where I'm at.
It's a good place to be mate.

This dog is heading to the fridge for his next round..

SBOB said:

So that will insulate the element when the PID is ON?

SBOB said:
So that will insulate the element when the PID is ON?
This will allow you to have a 'mains' power switch which will enable the system/activate the PID controller and a second 'Heater' power switch which will allow you to isolate the SSR/Heater

Or at least thats what the dog in the corner said while looking up from his beer... no idea if he knows what he's talking about or not

Back