A grope among the gum trees.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a piss take of DB, not his victims.. but there are those who'll read it that way and I can see how that'd sound insensitive. Apologies.

The accused speaks..

What a train wreck.
I believe him when he says he doesn't recall - because to him, this behaviour was as common as buying groceries. You don't remember that sort of thing long-term

Not going to be good for channel 9 considering comments from previous management what sort of grubs are they looks like all that counts is making money.

Even worse, he defends himself on Channel 9. I can't believe 9 would be that stupid.

Reading the story this morning was a bit eerie. The words used by the complainants echoed those of some young ladies working for me in Canberra in the early 90s. They ran into Don in a lift at a hotel and they couldn't get out of the lift quick enough. They were in no doubt of his intentions and his modus operandi. Also, curious that alcohol hasn't been mentioned as I understand this was also an ongoing issue and drove many of the behaviours.

It was a piss take of DB, not his victims.. but there are those who'll read it that way and I can see how that'd sound insensitive. Apologies.

Crikey - talk about having to walk on freekin' egg shells these days. If anyone with half a brain thinks we're siding with DB, come on down to our world someday!

Crikey - talk about having to walk on freekin' egg shells these days. If anyone with half a brain thinks we're siding with DB, come on down to our world someday!
Careful, eggs are only produced by females.

I remember way back when Burkes Backyard was at the height of its popularity, it was the morning after the Logies and one of the breakfast TV shows was reporting on it.
The Logies after party must have got pretty messy and on several occasions one of the females on the breakfast TV show raised the question "what was Don Burke doing in the womens toilet?"

Dunno. Setting up cameras with Chuck Berry?

Don't be so simple. No one would ever think that anyone here was siding with, that's not what anyone is even claiming.

Put yourself in the shoes of a chick that has copped crap from a dickhead like DB and then read the thread. It would come across as a bunch of blokes having a laugh about chicks being molested. Not supporting or defending it, but laughing about it.

When I read the thread I started making up song lines in my head as well, was a bit of fun. Then I thought about my friend who had been raped reading my words and I knew how it would hurt her to hear me making jokes about what she had suffered. That's when I decided to post what I did and why I'm trying to explain it now in a way that's not accusing anyone of bbeing a dick but to just think about things from a different angle.

It's just about not having a laugh at other people's expense, really. I hate being PC, I'm an old soldier and grew up as a westie, it's not in my nature. I guess being exposed to some things just changes the way you look at stuff. I don't know.

Its OK... Don has Asperger's...and probably memory loss,

His thing on ACA I thought was as good as any politician

Difficult topic mate. Your opinions are valid and I respect them, but I take the approach that everything and everyone can be subjected to a joke. People want equality - that's equality.

Obviously making fun of victims is unnecessary and frankly not funny, but making fun of a man who's just had a lifetime of misogyny and bigotry come back to bite him? That's worth a few jokes.

People want equality - that's equality.
People like the idea of equality, not actual equality.

If that was two bricklayers and one said, "If you **** that next wall up, I will rip off your head and shit down your throat" would there be any talk of it?

If that was two bricklayers and one said, "If you **** that next wall up, I will rip off your head and shit down your throat" would there be any talk of it?

Yes, and I also like the idea of a person accused of crimes being considered innocent until proven guilty. Let him face his accusers in court for the sexual molestation that they claim. And let's not carry on like a bunch of gossipy old fish wives passing judgement on someone where the facts are yet to be fully known.

So basically, some combination of a highly functioning amoral psychopath. With shifty eyes.

....Actually... I worked ( still do ) with a few people who had genuine Apsergers...kinda wierd how they act ( but no in a Don Burke/Harvey Wienstien way ).

They certainly didnt do anything remotely sexual, lewd, crass..etc...they where more the opposite in fact....One bloke wont look you in the eyes when he talks to you,...kinda looks a bit sideways and tares at nothing. And very intelligent and geeks...mad geeks

The two bricklayers are on equal terms , completely different to someone in a position of power saying it.

Latest posts

Back