A fine mess you made of this Malcolm.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
God I hope not, my donation to the Art-Insemination Party took all afternoon.
Did you use that special linament? It worked a treat with the ram.

Bribie G said:
Poor young Wyatt Roy will need to get a real job now, actually will have to start working for a living for the first time in his life. I hope he remembers where he put his P plates, he'll need them when he delivers pizza.
If he wants to get Youth Start he better start apply for jobs and fast. He's only got 6 months to apply for 40 spots.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Yes maybe we need ro send more drones and smart bombs into their schools and hospitals? That'd learn em for hating us.
Well at least it saves ISIS and al-Qa'ida the trouble, I mean come on, they're not ******* made of allahu akbar's..

manticle said:
. Pretty unashamedly bigoted, uninformed scaremongerers and the only ones with a modicum of smarts that have ever been involved have been nasty horrible slimebags I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
Pretty much sums up every politician. The only difference with PH is you know what she's thinking. She isn't smart enough to cover that up.

I'm still impressed with Wilkie, especially after he turned down Turnbull's attempt to negotiate.

But yes - mostly well off lawyers who still think they're pwning others from the safety of their high school debating team, fatheaded obfuscating self serving union leaders and the occasional dumb redneck thrown in for balance.
About as many positive things to say about politicians at large as I do about real estate agents.

And I get to pay both types.

tavas said:
Pretty much sums up every politician. The only difference with PH is you know what she's thinking. She isn't smart enough to cover that up.

Yes. She lacks the basic human dignity required to at least lie about her revolting views.

As much as I want to avoid this discussion happening one more time, I'll offer not just a few idiotic words by hanson to illustrate her imbecility.

Have the transcript of an entire ******* interview. No chance anything has been taken out of context here.

In this case the phrase 'enough rope' is entirely apt and why I am a fan of free debate rather than censorship or pc whatever. An idiot reveals their idiocy.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1203646.htm

As Abraham Lincoln said,

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Hey these photos really just say it all:

Malcolm 1.jpgMalcolm 2.jpg

manticle said:
As much as I want to avoid this discussion happening one more time, I'll offer not just a few idiotic words by hanson to illustrate her imbecility.

Have the transcript of an entire ******* interview. No chance anything has been taken out of context here.

In this case the phrase 'enough rope' is entirely apt and why I am a fan of free debate rather than censorship or pc whatever. An idiot reveals their idiocy.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1203646.htm

Exactly. I prefer to have the idiocy aired publicly so it can be countered publicly and exposed as the idiocy it is.

Also there has been a unanimous decision among all major parties to offer free drip trays to all ON voters for the purposes of catching their angry spittle.

The government will buy back at the rate of 3c per litre to put towards a hydroelectricity scheme just in case climate change has not been made up.

Dave70 said:
Well at least it saves ISIS and al-Qa'ida the trouble, I mean come on, they're not ******* made of allahu akbar's..
Muslims do say they will kill for their religion, and they do seem to be keeping it in house on the whole.

In other political news The rAge newspaper has retracted a statement which they quoted Ms Hanson as saying, 'Almost all Muslims are terrorists'. When in fact what she said was, ' Almost all terrorists are Muslim'.

Malcolm Turnbull has apologised for not counteracting the Mediscare campaign by Labor, who is he kidding, the only ones who believed all that dribble was going to be voting Labor anyway, truth be known the backlash against him is because hes a pretentious, posing pompous twat, that is what he should be apologising for.

wide eyed and legless said:
Muslims do say they will kill for their religion, and they do seem to be keeping it in house on the whole.

In other political news The rAge newspaper has retracted a statement which they quoted Ms Hanson as saying, 'Almost all Muslims are terrorists'. When in fact what she said was, ' Almost all terrorists are Muslim'.

Malcolm Turnbull has apologised for not counteracting the Mediscare campaign by Labor, who is he kidding, the only ones who believed all that dribble was going to be voting Labor anyway, truth be known the backlash against him is because hes a pretentious, posing pompous twat, that is what he should be apologising for.
Its not the ones who are willing to murder for their beliefs who bother me so much as the ones who are willing to die for them.
A quick glance at the latest news cycle out of Saudi Arabia should suffice to drive this home. Or that other indecent with the planes.

More islam is a bad deal for hummanity, and ironically, worse for muslims, that 's blindingly obvious, but the likes of Hanson do rational discourse no favors. Nobody so inarticulate who operates with such an astonishingly small mental compass can be expected to make much of a positive contribution to the discussion. Theres better ways to get things done, eg, the way the likes of Sam Harris, Neil Degrasse Tyson or the heroic Ayaan Hirsi Ali do it. These people understand education is the best weapon against theocracy. Hanson on the other hand sounds like a far right ignoramus barking into a megaphone, its basically just replying in kind to the islamist fuctard marching down the street barking 'behead those who insult islam'.

I doubt the woman is actually a card carrying racist any more than Trump, but perception is reality as they say.

IMO the coalition should split. Let the Liberal party be liberals. let the Nationals be the conservative fringe party that they are. It's a dichotomous relationship and I really think the Libs could hold their own and gain a lot of the middle ground that has been lost to Labor. On top of that, if the likes of Abetz and Bernardi would **** off to a conservative christian party where they belong, The Libs would gain even more of the moderate vote.

Liam_snorkel said:
IMO the coalition should split. Let the Liberal party be liberals. let the Nationals be the conservative fringe party that they are. It's a dichotomous relationship and I really think the Libs could hold their own and gain a lot of the middle ground that has been lost to Labor. On top of that, if the likes of Abetz and Bernardi would **** off to a conservative christian party where they belong, The Libs would gain even more of the moderate vote.
I agree there's no clear choice, but don't expect a change any time soon.

Both sides have disproportionately influential conservative wings. For Labor it's a group of unions like the shoppies who take money from employers and sign sweetheart contracts that screw their members. For the Coalition it's not just the Nationals, but Abbott, Bernardi and company. Both lots are staunchly conservative on social issues, and both tend to be ultra-conservative Catholics rather than the evangelicals who fall in behind Hanson.

Labor's right wing gave the job of leader to Shorten, who has all the charisma of a heap of mince. Liberal's right wing gave Malcolm a poison pill by making him promise not to depart too far from the policies that had killed Tony's popularity.

I guess the reason the LNP are beholden to christian lobby groups is because liberal economics favours tax avoidance.

Back to PH, John Birmingham is poignant as usual this week:

But just as everyone is the hero of their own story, their votes are generally cast in the hope of bringing forward their own version of a better world.

Yes, even those people who voted for Pauline Hanson. Their idealised Australia might be a grim and frightening place to most of us, but to them it recalls a simpler, less-conflicted time.

Of course, times never were simpler or less conflicted, but that's not what matters. Political myths draw power from their promise, not from any connection to hard reality. To a small percentage of the population, Hanson is not a thin-lipped punisher and reflexive, self-seeking bigot. She is a deliverer from everyone who has ever denounced them as punishers and bigots just because they remember a time when a white man knew his place – on top and in charge.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/comment/blunt-instrument/federal-election-instabilitys-hardly-normal-gerry-but-its-not-entirely-bad-20160704-gpyec0.html

It might sound like I'm talking in hindsight now, but I was surprised by a lot of the comments when Turnbull took over Abbot along the lines of "here's the change we need and Turnbull's the bloke to do it". Like a lot of citizens, I'm not as aware of the policies as I am of the personalities and I know how I feel about people. Turnbull's history and manner of speaking has never been good in my opinion. He's always been cunning, well spoken and confident, but he uses this manner to come across however he wants to be seen to come across. Like a skilled debater - he can stick to one side of an argument and is convincing at it. A sticking point with me was that while leader of the opposition - circa 2009 I think - there was speculation regarding his support for the CPRS. A press meeting was held, and he came out and spoke about civil unions, same sex marriages or some-such. When asked "does the opposition support the CPRS?" he waffled on about how something needs to be done about the environment but he was not there to talk about that.
Frustrating behaviour.
Shorten is in the same boat for me, but moreso. I wasn't exposed to him in parliament, and first saw him on TV when waiting in an airport around 2013. When speaking as the shadow education minister at some formal dinner something sat poorly with me. Questions would be asked like "what education policies do you propose?" and the response would be along the lines of "I am completely aware that schools do not get enough support and require more funding. And let me tell you this - the current government isn't doing...". I thought to myself this is one evasive, cunning, and frustrating individual who does a great job at appealing to emotion but avoids committing to anything. He would talk and talk but never really say anything, and in the process show that he was aware of problems but wouldn't propose solutions. I spoke to a bloke at work (who's auntie worked in Labor cabinet), told him I reckon he's a snake in the grass and hope he doesn't get anywhere near leadership. Shortly after, the next ousting occurred and the said mate let me in on the 'behind the scenes' story behind it all. Completely lived up to my character judgement.

That's my issue - avoidance. I can't trust these two leaders who are too busy talking about problems and how action needs to be taken, but how the other team's action isn't good enough. Instead of tackling questions head-on, it gets deflected and the answer is basically a response where they talk about what they're thinking. I know this is fairly typical of politicians but the level that these two do it - particularly Shorten - is offensive to the public.

What happened to policies?

The "small target" strategy has been employed by Opposition Leaders since Adam was a pup. John Winston Howard managed to convince the electors that he was "relaxed and comfortable" and that there would "not be a GST,never ever" prior to being elected, Julia promised no Carbon Tax, Tony promised not to cut spending on Health and Education and guess what happened. Up this way Campbell Newman assured Public Servants that all their jobs were safe and then went on to sack about 16,000 of them. The bastards all lie and anyone who thinks that their own particular party of choice is purer than the other needs to stop believing in Fairy Stories.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Julia promised no Carbon Tax
..and we never actually got one, that's the ******* thing.

Gillard said this: “There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead but let me be perfectly clear, I will introduce a price on carbon and move on to an emissions trading scheme.” And this: “I don’t rule out the possibility of legislating a Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme, a market-based mechanism,” she said of the next parliament. “I rule out a carbon tax.”
Abbott condensed it into this: “There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead.” He then claims the Prime Minister has lied to the people and misled the Parliament…

Does politics make politicians the way they are or do politicians make politics the way it is?

Liam_snorkel said:
..and we never actually got one, that's the ******* thing.Gillard said this: “There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead but let me be perfectly clear, I will introduce a price on carbon and move on to an emissions trading scheme.” And this: “I don’t rule out the possibility of legislating a Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme, a market-based mechanism,” she said of the next parliament. “I rule out a carbon tax.”Abbott condensed it into this: “There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead.” He then claims the Prime Minister has lied to the people and misled the Parliament…
Your point is conceded. To try and be apolitical about this I needed to put in at least one famous Labour porkie so maybe lets try "By 1990 no child will be living in poverty" or maybe some of Kevin's porkies about fixing up health, computers in classrooms and the like?

Back