A fine mess you made of this Malcolm.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet I read in the paper today that One Nation wants climate science taught in schools utilising the scientific method to provide appropriate scepticism.
I'm all for the scientific method and scepticism - the application of which proves that global warming exists and vaccination isn't related to autism. If you apply the scientific method however, you have to accept the results.

Interesting times ahead.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Even though the only paper showing a link between MMR and autism has been conclusively proven to be fraudulent, its author struck-off and no-one have ever been able to reproduce its findings, Ms Hanson believes vaccination causes autism, so it must be true? Hoe farking dumb can one person be?

IT just makes me mad. WHO estimated that measles (which has no cure) caused 2.6m deaths per year in 1980. A figure that dropped to 114,900 by 2014. Why? Vaccination. WHO estimates over 17m deaths prevented between 2000 and 2014 due to measles vaccination. Even if you could prove a link between MMR and autism, if I have a choice between an autistic child and a dead child, I'll take the autistic one every time.

And people actually voted for her?

Mark my words. She won't last very long. She started to crack up in that press conference yesterday. The journalists must love her. She is offensive to all right-minded people but alas she got her senate seat and we'll have to ride it out.

we should all send malcom a thank you email for calling a dd election because without it we would have jack shit to whinge about today

Even funnier is that James Ashby is her adviser. " Keep an eye on ya work diary Pauline! "

Blind Dog said:
Even though the only paper showing a link between MMR and autism has been conclusively proven to be fraudulent, its author struck-off and no-one have ever been able to reproduce its findings, Ms Hanson believes vaccination causes autism, so it must be true? Hoe farking dumb can one person be?

IT just makes me mad. WHO estimated that measles (which has no cure) caused 2.6m deaths per year in 1980. A figure that dropped to 114,900 by 2014. Why? Vaccination. WHO estimates over 17m deaths prevented between 2000 and 2014 due to measles vaccination. Even if you could prove a link between MMR and autism, if I have a choice between an autistic child and a dead child, I'll take the autistic one every time.

And people actually voted for her?
I remember the dreads of summer, when our parents whispered a lot, when they rang the doctor if we ran the slightest fever, when some kids we knew ended up in iron lungs or coffins. Then the polio immunisations came along. There were accidents and botched batches. The shots and swallows killed a few but saved hundreds of thousands.

My grandmother told stories of diphtheria, her throat clogged by a grey membrane, the other children whose hearts failed.

Then there's rabies. I wonder, antivaxxers, if a dog foams at the mouth and bites you, will you refuse to take the shots and instead go to a chiropractor or holistic healer?

When I arrived in PNG, people told me not to bother with typhoid vaccination. Wrong, but I lived.

MMR: measles, mumps, rubella. I've traced the progress of each of these diseases in a historical population (Iceland) where they were epidemic, not endemic. What did I use? Death records.

I'd love to sit down with Pauline Hanson, but it wouldn't do any good. She's the sort who has firm opinions and precious little knowledge. If she were a brewer she'd insist that sanitizing causes infected batches.

Yeah but is it a coincidence that infections reduced at the same time tuna became available in cans?

I think not.
BIG PHARMA conspiracy.

Possibly illuminati related.

I wonder if Pauline knows the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide?

Bridges said:
I wonder if Pauline knows the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide?
Maybe someone should 'inform' her.

Won't be long and she'll be on Sunrise, whipping herself into a lather about it. Don't forget to mention that it's Halal certified.

I bet Turnbull ( and the LNP ) are thinking...." Guys...we fucked up "

If they thought the last Senate was hostile, they aint seen nothing yet. And lets not forget what the LNP tried to do when she first got elected...now there are lickely 3 ONP senators

Back