9kg Lpg Gas Bottle - Where To Get?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around Newcastle, you can buy a bottle at Allgas Supplies Beresfield for about the same price as BigW's "special" price.
However the refill price is about $19 last time I got a refill. Worth a phone call... 4966 4445.
Best of luck if it's needed for tonight. Go now!

Cheers
Les

Probably not your best option, but I scored heaps of them, out and in-date from Kurb-side clean-ups.
I know someone that scores these whenever he can - the servo operators only want you to hold up your 'swap' cylinder outside the window to make sure it's a 9kg, then you swap... and go. They never seem to check the dates, so he essentially enters the system rather cheaply. I've seen swaps for $23. Most of the out-of-date ones only need a new tap anyway, if that.

Works for me, I've got 3 or so of his full bottles lined up and ready to go now.

not far behind you Duff $32.95 here

Cheers
JSB

$32.00 for a gas refill here, damn rip off after reading this thread. No swap and and go outlet here anymore either.

Around Newcastle, you can buy a bottle at Allgas Supplies Beresfield for about the same price as BigW's "special" price.
However the refill price is about $19 last time I got a refill. Worth a phone call... 4966 4445.
Best of luck if it's needed for tonight. Go now!

Cheers
Les

Shit,

Just paid $27 at the 'nock. the nice lady at the servo said it should have been $34 but didn't impose the new elgas RRP. Berro, here I come.

daniel

Another :icon_offtopic:

Just curious Duff, how much is a refill up your way?
$21 at my local hardware shop gets me 8 brews on the NASA.

TP :beer:

The local hardware here charges the same as a swap and go for a refill. Pricks.

Shit,

Just paid $27 at the 'nock. the nice lady at the servo said it should have been $34 but didn't impose the new elgas RRP. Berro, here I come.

daniel

Grod next time you want to fill up in the nock head to Bellbird to the metro servo, 9kg = $19.95.

Cheers, Pok

Ray's do 9 kg refills for $20 - cheapest I've found.

Yes, Ray's is the go for refills. About $20 or I think $18ish with Ray's Card. Get your original empty bottle from The Warehouse. Only suckers get Swap & Go.

About $20 from BCF in Underwood... however Im also waiting for my LHBS to start refills :)

Grod next time you want to fill up in the nock head to Bellbird to the metro servo, 9kg = $19.95.

Cheers, Pok

The BP at Weston does them for $16.95, and not sure if they still do, but the gas place at Beresfield used to do them on shopper dockets for $13

The swap and go bottles are only filled to 8kg as well. Was told that by a supplier cause they rekon its safer for transport!!!!! Yeah bullshit its just more profit :angry: :angry: :angry:

A bit if trivia for you guys.

Auto LPG is a lower heat burn on the BBQ, (Auto LPG-Propane/Butane mix compared to just Butane-BBQ gas) so the meats cooks all the way through. Not much good for the weekend warriors wanting to do the 1 minute charcoal on the outside, dripping blood in the center steaks.

I actually prefer the Auto LPG when doing a BBQ, everything is actually cooked right through. Only problem is the onions take a bit longer to cook.

When boiling an 80 litre kettle with Auto LPG, I found it to be very expensive. That was when Auto LPG was 35 cent Per litre. Now I have discovered electricity only costs 50 cents per hour, instead of $2 for LPG. Also, less chance of me falling asleep for ever in the shed.

One thing to watch out for is some shonkey operators filling their Butane (for BBQ bottle filling) tanks with auto LPG. (NAH you say. This couldn't happen in my area!)

Anyone finding their BBQ is taking much longer than usual has good reason to be suspicious. I have no links to the industry, what-so-ever, but I sure as hell know how to do it and it's not hard to work out how!

The BP at Weston does them for $16.95, and not sure if they still do, but the gas place at Beresfield used to do them on shopper dockets for $13

Last time I drove past the sandwhich board out the front said something like $20+ .....but I could be wrong

I tap off the forklifts bottles at work & it definately has less heat, but the price is right.

$34.50 up here in the Bay for Swap n Go.. I think the cheapest ive heard is about $26 for a fill..

So, its alright to get someone else just to fill a Swap n Go?? I thought as much as it is your cylinder..

Gonna get a back-up cylinder though, just in case.. :huh:

As many others have said, the best option is to buy a gas bottle at a camping store or at a larger Big W or Kmart. I've seen them advertised at Aldi too.

Then start taking notice of the signs around mostly independent service stations for their price of a 9kg gas refill, as they vary greatly.

Swap and Go places are for the lazy ones who don't mind paying way over the odds.

If you are going to be in one place a while, ie not a traveller, buy 2 bottles get then filled and then rotate them as needed, then there are no crisis times when the gas runs out and you have to use the closest convenient place which is inevitably the most expensive, Cheerz Wabster

$34.50 up here in the Bay for Swap n Go.. I think the cheapest ive heard is about $26 for a fill..

So, its alright to get someone else just to fill a Swap n Go?? I thought as much as it is your cylinder..

Gonna get a back-up cylinder though, just in case.. :huh:

Just rip the label off!
I did that to one of mine, I originally bought one then got stuck one evening and had to do the swap n go thing when I was living in Melb, so ended up with a swap n go labeled one.
Pulled that bad boy from the cylinder and you wouldn't know the difference.

My last (and, admittedly, first) refill cost me $97.50 delivered. 45kg.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but the plumbing costs were a bit higher than I expected.

Latest posts

Back