65 Lives Taken In The Fires

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything good at all comes out of this massive tragedy, it is that we "re-discover" our volunteer organisations. We as Australians must realise that our strength as a nation is how we help each other. In a world when we all think we are too busy to be a volunteer, just ask yourself how many more lives would have been lost and how many more homes destroyed if a too thin line of volunteers had of said "We are too busy to be a volunteer".

Unfortunately never a truer word written. Thanks Fatz.

i dont think kegs/beers would be too hard to organise.

pack cars with kegs/regs/sodastreams/glass's/beerguns (or someone takes a full C02), all meet somewhere (my house? 20mins from fires) drive up to Whittlesea footy ground where they are using that as a community base, unload kegs, put a sign up - free homebrew - start pouring.

Aussies and New Zealanders are donating their match fees ($30-70k each) for the cricket today to the appeal... great news!

I once again urge all going to the cricket today (like me) to give all money they were planning on spending on beer to the appeal. XXXX gold is not worth it.

Cheers
Adam

Good to see the ANZAC tradition is still alive and kicking :)

Only a bit sad that sometimes it takes an event like this for people to remember that <_<

But in saying that, dont stop the kiwi jokes, what would we have if we couldnt hassle each other :p

i dont think kegs/beers would be too hard to organise.

pack cars with kegs/regs/sodastreams/glass's/beerguns (or someone takes a full C02), all meet somewhere (my house? 20mins from fires) drive up to Whittlesea footy ground where they are using that as a community base, unload kegs, put a sign up - free homebrew - start pouring.

Count me in if the idea materialises!
I can take 4 or 5 of us up to Whittlesea along with some equipment. I don't have a lot of my own but happy to transport others and their gear for a cause. Just need to make sure it is done responsibly and with <insert authorative figure>'s blessings.... :beer:

Only a bit sad that sometimes it takes an event like this for people to remember that <_<

But in saying that, dont stop the kiwi jokes, what would we have if we couldnt hassle each other :p

You blokes are still sooking about the underarm incident.....we were only joking :p

Rook

You blokes are still sooking about the underarm incident.....we were only joking :p

Rook

:angry: Thats cos it was a cheap dirty nasty trick :p

:lol: actually really funny that it still gets a mention from time to time haha

Up to 173 people dead....i hope they fry the bastards when they catch them

Rook

The best the scum can hope for is for nobody to ever find out, or to be dead, frankly. If they get locked up, there sure are gonna be some bad ass mofos on the inside waiting to dish out their own justice on a regular basis.

If they get locked up, there sure are gonna be some bad ass mofos on the inside waiting to dish out their own justice on a regular basis.

If they're caught, and I sincerely hope they are, the best they can hope for is solitary confinement. Even if they're thrown in with all the other inmates at high risk (like child molesters), they're still likely to be at risk of some revenge from someone who knows or is related to someone who perished or lost their house.

Karma can be a bitch. Hopefully for these morons it will be.

I've just been told the police are hot on the heels of some fuckwit that is going around re lighting them in the Kilmore area......to close to home for my liking

Rook

We have a staff run benevolent fund where I work which has been collecting money since yesterday. The company has just offered to match whatever we can raise this week. The total will go the Red Cross fund on Friday.

I'm really stoked that they've offered to do that.

Awesome Stuff Richy! I hope more companies get into the spirit.

:lol: Wifey just donated her overtime from this last week to the red cross wasn't a great deal but I guess every cent counts!

Latest posts

Back