65 Lives Taken In The Fires

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Reg & Wardog, divert the $950 bonus to rebuilding the towns, this could be a great silver lining on an otherwise black cloud, Major construction projects to rebuild the towns, would make rebuilding cheaper, quicker & create some employment in the construction & related industries. Obviously the affected areas in QLD merit equal attention for rebuilding projects.
My sympathies to all affected & Cheers & beers to all the rescue & support services.
My work is matching $ for $ all donations from staff, encourage your bosses to do likewise if they havent already.

Fents, I know that Dave was planning on leaving for holiday tomorrow for a week or so with his fam, so the shop may not be open today if you are trying to get hold of him there......I too hope he is OK.

I have no words to express what should happen to those who deliberately set about to inflict this sort of damage through arson.... they don't even deserve to be burnt at the stake.

I for one would be up for a big AHB drink for the fireys and volunteers after this mess has calmed down a bit...

hatchor

yea i was down the shop sat arvo. they were meant to be leaving for merimbula on sunday but what happened on saturday/night could of changed all that. i damn hope he just packed the car and bailed to merimbula. called kev (worthogs) last night and he's gonna keep us in the loop if he heres of anything. think im buying dave a mobile phone after this!

Terrible, terrible, terrible...

The Harkaway fire got within 5 km of our place, but that was nothing compared to the Bunyip, Yea, Churchill and Kilmore fires.

Thoughts to everybody impacted by these fires.

I'd happily give up my $950 for it to go towards helping these families.
Cheers
Steve

P.S. I hope the arsonists get a serious (and I mean serious) flogging by their cell mates

best the coppers find em before a memeber of the public does. (arsonists that is).

With 128 lives lost by the last count (depressing to think it would ever get this high), there must be literally thousands of families who have lost loved ones or been displaced by these events, so now is the time to dig deep and as someone said earlier, volunteer to give plasma and blood if you are able, and certainly start collecting non perishable food such as tins to help tide these people over.

We are starting now to get notices out at the kids school for a food drive, so get into it and help out any way possible.

Crundle

just went into town to give blood , as much because i normally do and are overdue as for the victims of the fire , they have at least a 2 hour wait and are taking names and numbers to call people back and make appointments , great to see people already kicking in to help , although blood is needed at all times not just in a disaster like this ...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the fires.
+1, Rudd, please direct my bonus to the fire victims... They need it more than I do.

I can't edit my input, but the red cross is after money rather than food, as it costs more to transport than its value, and buying from local businesses assists the local economy, so just send money.

I called my work to see if they would match us dollar for dollar, and was just informed that they have donated $1 million! Good old Rupert, good to see even after losing billions, he can still reach into his pocket.

I like the idea of arranging for beer for the fireys and emergency crews etc after all is said and done too, good community spirit.

Crundle

Ive asked my boss if the company is prepared to match dollar for dollar with any employees, but still waiting for an answer. Im happy to donate a sum of money but if I can double it with the company's money then all the better.

I like the idea of arranging for beer for the fireys and emergency crews etc after all is said and done too, good community spirit.

That is a top idea. I'd be happy to bring a keg or two along for the firies / farmers / anyone affected etc. Someone in red cross or whatever should approach a major meat retailer for the snags, another for the onions / bread and the AHB'ers can put on a few cold ones and man the BBQ's.

Who would be best suited to organise something like that?

Thank God for the C F A, Ambos, firies, police and volenteers. They are truely very brave to go into these frightening firestorms risk their lives for the sake of others. May they take stock that we Australian's are forever grateful and indebted to them and their bravery, especially when their spirits are all but gone with what they have faced.

Maybe we can have a AHB beer drive, everyone throw a carton in, so we up here in Qld can contribute in some small way to help cheer to the lads down there in Vic. Maybe the Lads down in Vic could organise something that way we can all contribute? Logistical nightmare true but it is just a thought. I am happy to offer time towards it.

To all the families, friends, neighbours and communities devastated by these fires, may you all have the strength and courage for the coming weeks as you try to pick up the pieces. My family and I can only offer our deepest condolences for your losses. Words cannot convey my sadness in seeing such tragic events unfolding before my eyes.

I have already donated $100 today to the red cross appeal and I will be donating every last stimulus $ to the fire appeal ($3800). Me and my family don't need it, we have each other, our lives and our health. It just doesn't seem right to take that money when my fellow Australian's are on their knees.

Cheers and Stay safe!

Chappo

That is a top idea. I'd be happy to bring a keg or two along for the firies / farmers / anyone affected etc. Someone in red cross or whatever should approach a major meat retailer for the snags, another for the onions / bread and the AHB'ers can put on a few cold ones and man the BBQ's.

Who would be best suited to organise something like that?

If someone gets this off the ground down there, I'd be happy to take a Kluger full of locals from here and a trailer full of whatever on a road trip to help out, I got the fuel covered... ;) Happy to host a brew day at mine to do a batch for the cause too. Come on fellas, surely we can get something happening?

Going to give some blood tomorrow, haven't been for six months so it's high time. We aren't eligible for the bonus, but we donated to the Red Cross today, not a fortune, but I hope it's enough to help somebody out.

Condolences to anyone who has lost family, friends or property.

Understandably can't currently get onto 1800 811 700
Does anyone here know of any website with Paypal / shoppingcart type payment option for Red Cross etc where I can donate immediately?

I'll keep trying the phone anyway, I've bought food for the week, paid bills so am going to chuck in what I can afford .

dont know about paypal but you can direct debit (not red cross but bushifire fund):

You can donate to the Red Cross State Government Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund by clicking on the link.

Phone 1800 811 700

Go to any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch

Go to any Bunnings store

Make a direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund
BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797

P.S. I hope the arsonists get a serious (and I mean serious) flogging by their cell mates

Unfortunately, if caught, the perp will probably get community service or some such crap. A flogging by their cell mates may be too much to hope for and nowhere near enough.

It may just be me being harsh, but the bastards should be tied to a steak and burnt alive. This wont bring back the dead, but at least the perp will have died by their own sword and they won't do it again.

EK

Make a direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund
BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797

Thanks Fents, going up the street tomorrow and will do the necessary, as well as popping round to the post office round the corner to post some Carafa T3 to Fermented as promised, two birds with one stone :)

no probs mate...i made work donate $500.

if everyone just donated $5 its gonna make a massive help, best and QUICKEST way to help imo.

Did a search and didn't see that this had been mentioned.

From here

Hargreaves Hill Brewery lost in the Victorian fires
We've just learnt the horrible news that our good friends at Hargreaves Hill Brewery have lost their brewery in the Victorian bushfires. Our thoughts go out to all bushfire victims and especially Simon and Beth and their families.

Bridge Road Brewery in Beechworth is currently not under immediate threat..

The Taphouse is also doing a benefit gig for them coming up on Thursday week. See here

Beers,
Doc

Great to see so much support! The boys at Kooinda would gladly donate a few beers and help whereever we can. Something like this really makes you appreciate your family and friends, especially your children, lately i have been giving my little 3 a bit of extra attention. Our thoughts are with everyone in this terrible time and i too will gladly donate our government money to the appeal. Keep me informed of any way we can help with the beer and snag idea. Our thoughts are also with Hargreaves, we understand partly how much work must have gone into setting up their great brewery. Very sad to here!!
Cheers Trav
Kooinda Boutique Brewery

Latest posts

Back