65 Lives Taken In The Fires

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things aren't over yet, fresh outbreaks in Mansfield and they are worried about the Warburton area on the weekend and next week.
I've a mate in the hills who is scared shitless, he worked on cleaning his yard for the last 12 months but his place backs onto national park and he reckons it hasn't burnt that patch for 30 years, if the fronts join on the weekend he is stuffed. Wife and very young son.
Beautiful place, you can almost touch the trees from his decking......

fire plan= bugger off about 2 days before you see smoke

just to add my 2c if they catch the scum that lit these fires wether it was a ciggerete but or deliberate they should be burnt slowly on a stake. my wifes sister her husband and 2 kids were killed in kinglake in the fire lit by these mongrels as well as her mother and her sister losing theyre houses because of it. on a positive note its great to see the response in the community up here in whittlsea. the op shop and community centre are overflowing with the donations from the public. it is something to make us all proud to be australian.

You are right Flattop, in your mates position your fireplan is the go. As in get the f*ck out of there.

If they do catch these arseholes that lit the fires, the do good lawyers will say they have a mental illness etc etc etc, and if that doesnt work, then it will be, "he was abused as a child", and then the dickhead will get a comunity order or some such soft crap.

:angry:

just to add my 2c if they catch the scum that lit these fires wether it was a ciggerete but or deliberate they should be burnt slowly on a stake. my wifes sister her husband and 2 kids were killed in kinglake in the fire lit by these mongrels as well as her mother and her sister losing theyre houses because of it. on a positive note its great to see the response in the community up here in whittlsea. the op shop and community centre are overflowing with the donations from the public. it is something to make us all proud to be australian.

Sorry to hear that Beerhog - unfortunately I think there will be more of us in your position before this thing is over.... just shocking...

+1 for the community support - it never ceases to amaze me how people pull together in these situations.

Just read here that the Kinglake fire wasn't deliberately lit. Doesn't make it any less of a tragedy though I guess.... :(

A difficult thread. Saturday 7th Feb. Never have I experienced in Victoria, record temperatures with northerlies that would leave you shaking.
Never can I remember a day so intense in heat and wind. This will haunt people beyond my generation i.e the kids whom have gone thru it. It is all so sad.
Please dont take your mind for one second from the innocent victims and focus on an arsonist,thats probably what they want. The firies,police,dse,volunteers,community folk are the focus because they are the real deal.,

edit, our holiday shack isnt looking good, Thornton.

Haysie,

Post of the year! Let's all leave the blame game 'til later. Whether an arsonist or a lightening strike causes a fire doesn't matter
a bit when the shite hits the fan. So far we've only had two fatalities up our way but everyone is on edge. Once everything
settles down we'll have time to work through things.

In the meantime, give whatever you can give....money, donations, blood....even just an understanding of what some of these
people are going through.

For now, the victims are the news. Let's make sure that in a year or two's time that the news is still about the victims.

Cheers,
smudge

Latest posts

Back