60l Fermenter Fill Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hey All,

Did my first double batch on the weekend in a 60L fermenter, put all the ingredients in and started filling the fermneter, about halfway through I looked to the side to see where I was filling to, quickly realised there was no markings on the side and I had no idea how much was in there to this point. I based it off of my 30l one and filled to around the same point I do in there... can someone please give me a rough Idea of how many litres it is to where the plastic comes comes out near the top, below is a pic of the style of fermenter I used.

Next time I wont be so keen and measure it out before I start brewing!

Cheers

Robbo

fermenter.jpg

i did the exact same thing and realised when it was about 1/2 full. I put mine on a set of bathroom scales and kept filling until it got to ((volume i wanted x predicted sg) + approx fermenter weight). Worked for me. I know it's a bit late for you now, but it might give you an idea of how close you were.

Cheers
Chris

In relation to the line where it comes back out, where do you fill your fermenter to?

Cheers

Robbo

sorry i don't have any 60L fermenters so i can't help you there. i was just suggesting a method.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks heaps man!! Went just above the 50l line but had enough fermentables in there so will be all good.

Cheers

Robbo

Latest posts

Back