• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

60l Electric Ali Boiler For Sale. Great For Biab!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzie

Reaction score
Hi All

Im moving to a much smaller house and all my gear has to go. I also bought a 14ft Catamaran and SWMBO told me to choose. Im very sad to see my AG gear go but I can still do a small partial on the stove every now and again.

My boiler is a 60L ali pot with a 3kW element and a 20A solid state dimmer. It also has a pickup tube that is welded into a nipple and polished. This is to get rid of the compression fitting in the boiler and get rid of 2 threads. Leaves about 500ml behind.
There is also a 20mm hole that I blocked off that use to have a dial thermometer. The Terminal box is a proper IP56 Clipsal unit with a watertight gland. It draw 13A and really needs a 15A socket(I ran it of a normal 10A outlet with no problems but do so at your own risk). I took all care when I built it to make sure its safe electrically but I take no responsibility whatsoever and it is sold as is. In saying that its in perfect working order and pretty clean too. I can do a boil right now if I wanted to.

I have boiled 52L and I think you could do more if you are careful.

I used it for BIAB and the the traditional way works great. It comes with a lid and has 2 layers of insulation for efficiency. Its way cheaper than gas and safer in my opinion.
The ball valve is a 2 piece brass valve that has just been stripped down and cleaned. The ali is 4-5mm thick on the sides and base.

It cost me well over $300 and countless hours of labor. I am selling it for $260.00. First person to PM me owns it!

Its fairly big so pickup will be best or if you arrange a courier I will box it up. Pickup in Gosford or I work allover Sydney so I might drop it off after work for a fee depending where it is.

boiler8.jpg boiler7.jpg
boiler6.jpgboiler5.jpg
boiler4.jpgboiler3.jpg
boiler2.jpgboiler1.jpg

Hi All

Here is some more pics of what is under the insulation taken a month or so ago. The pot is less than a year old(7 or so batches)
element.jpg
element2.jpg

The welding was done by a pro and as you can see there is a spare block welded on for future use.
IMGP1896s.jpg

I wish I lived near you, this would be awesome - someone has to grab this!

Crundle

Hi All

The price is dropped to $220

Hanzie

Latest posts

Back