• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duck

Reaction score
Due to a recent house move I no longer have room or enough power for my brew table, so here it is for sale. This system has performed well for many years, it easily cranks out double batches (46L into fermenter) and will stretch to triple batches without modification. I have been brewing back to back double batches (96L in a day) once a month for some time, starting off with an APA and while the APA is chilling I’m step mashing a German Pils.

The system is controlled by a BCS462 (Brewery Control System by Embedded Control Concepts) web interface. It allows for process orchestration and with a click of a button a step mash can be kicked off, fermentation processes controlled and anything else that you want to automate in your brew house.

The Table
Built like a brick sh!thouse, this table could possibly be over engineered. You will see from the pics that it has plenty of structure to it and will easily support 3 full vessels and all the other stuff bolted on. The castors are from Richmond Castors and are rated to 200KG each. The BCS and SSRs are all housed inside an old Dell server housing up underneath the table, all wiring passed through to front control panel. The orange pipes are electrical distribution for pumps, elements and temp probes. In terms of power requirements, depending on how you brew, you will need 2 x 10amp and 1 x 15amp outlets plus small amount of additional power for the BCS / Pumps. The table has dual stage (sediment & carbon filter) hi flow water filter built in.

20200627_152639.jpg
bcs462 interface.jpg
20200627_152844.jpg
bcs462 interface.jpg
20200627_152927.jpg
20200627_153459.jpg

The HLT
Has a capacity of 60L with 2 x 2400W elements, sight glass (volume), float switch that cuts element when water level is low. Dedicated pump below HLT allows underlet to MLT simply by flick of a switch to manipulate motorised ball valves. No more dough balls!
20200627_152716.jpg

The MLT
SS Brewtech – Capacity 80L with a Jaybird false bottom, I have never had a stuck mash or sparge with this unit. The dedicated MLT pump sends wort through the HERMs (HERMI-IT) coil which is heated by a 3000W element, I usually recirculate the mash at full speed. Temp is measured by the BCS at the HERMs coil outlet within 0.1c increments. I have 2 key processes created in the BCS, one for Pale Ale (66.7c mash) and a German Pilsner step mash (Hochkurz)
20200627_152733.jpg

20200627_152855.jpg

The BK
SS Brewtech – Capacity of 120L – I have never had a boil over. Its powered by 2 elements (1 x 2400W & 1 x 3600W). A dedicated whirlpool port installed at the bottom in conjunction with BCS temp control allows for prolonged whirlpool / hop stand at controlled temps. At the end of boil, I chill through the Blichman Therminator to 75 – 80c and then whirlpool at this temp (managed by BCS) for 30 mins. After whirlpool, I will continue to chill and with the flick of a switch chilled wort is sent to the fermenter. The BK also has a dedicated pump (3 pumps in total on this table)
20200627_152749.jpg

The Price
The Mrs tells me that I have spent $1,000s on this table over the years, I always shrug it off but reckon she is right. This may not be the prettiest system on the market, but it’s a reliable workhorse that cranks out batch after batch of repeatable and reliable quality. I have developed Beersmith profiles for double and triple batch that I will provide with the table, I always hit my numbers with > 97% accuracy.

Putting a sale price on this unit is difficult. It’s a reluctant sale, but something that has to be done. I am asking $2,000 and happy to provide any additional detail pics required. I am based in Melbourne SE suburbs and more than happy to assist with the first few brews if required.

Here is a short video during the mash showing BCS interface -

Last edited:
Crackin set up Duck, good luck with the sale.

Cheers razz... initially I was a bit reluctant to sell but I'm now OK with it. Once sold, I will start a new build, smaller footprint and lower power requirements so not all bad.

Very cool Duck. Looks awesome.

Looks like one could very easily increase the batch size beyond triples with no more than a kettle upgrade (and maybe a frankenstein extension of the table!) or beyond with the existing system by brewing high gravity and then water down with deoxygenated water from the HLT into the fermenter/cube.

I'm a big fan of single vessels for simplicity but this could be a fantastic low oxygen system.

Good luck with the sale, amazing bargain to whoever picks it up!!!

Very cool Duck. Looks awesome.

Looks like one could very easily increase the batch size beyond triples with no more than a kettle upgrade (and maybe a frankenstein extension of the table!) or beyond with the existing system by brewing high gravity and then water down with deoxygenated water from the HLT into the fermenter/cube.

I'm a big fan of single vessels for simplicity but this could be a fantastic low oxygen system.

Good luck with the sale, amazing bargain to whoever picks it up!!!

Cheers Engibeer... I have not done this but given the capacity of the MLT (80L) and Kettle (120L) I think you would be able to mash and boil a high gravity triple batch and water down to a quadruple from water boiled in the HLT. Add boiled HLT water to kettle at flame out, cool the lot or cube it..

I will provide full schematics of electrical wiring, control panel layout and frame build, currently in Visio format but can PDF them simple enough. Sample below:

BrewTable HERMS BCS v38.jpg

Duck

Amazing looking system and looks like a bargain. Wish I had more room at my place for something like this!

Bump - Still available and still covid free!

Since I cant really use this system (power and space limitations) I would really like to get it sold. Willing to take reasonable offers or potentially sell individual components as a last resort. Available for inspection / test run (at limited capacity) in Melbourne post code 3196.

Duck

G'day Duck. Was just wondering if your system is still for sale or if you have split it up yet? Cheers, Greg

Due to a recent house move I no longer have room or enough power for my brew table, so here it is for sale. This system has performed well for many years, it easily cranks out double batches (46L into fermenter) and will stretch to triple batches without modification. I have been brewing back to back double batches (96L in a day) once a month for some time, starting off with an APA and while the APA is chilling I’m step mashing a German Pils.

The system is controlled by a BCS462 (Brewery Control System by Embedded Control Concepts) web interface. It allows for process orchestration and with a click of a button a step mash can be kicked off, fermentation processes controlled and anything else that you want to automate in your brew house.

The Table
Built like a brick sh!thouse, this table could possibly be over engineered. You will see from the pics that it has plenty of structure to it and will easily support 3 full vessels and all the other stuff bolted on. The castors are from Richmond Castors and are rated to 200KG each. The BCS and SSRs are all housed inside an old Dell server housing up underneath the table, all wiring passed through to front control panel. The orange pipes are electrical distribution for pumps, elements and temp probes. In terms of power requirements, depending on how you brew, you will need 2 x 10amp and 1 x 15amp outlets plus small amount of additional power for the BCS / Pumps. The table has dual stage (sediment & carbon filter) hi flow water filter built in.

View attachment 118477View attachment 118489View attachment 118484View attachment 118489View attachment 118487View attachment 118488
The HLT
Has a capacity of 60L with 2 x 2400W elements, sight glass (volume), float switch that cuts element when water level is low. Dedicated pump below HLT allows underlet to MLT simply by flick of a switch to manipulate motorised ball valves. No more dough balls!
View attachment 118480
The MLT
SS Brewtech – Capacity 80L with a Jaybird false bottom, I have never had a stuck mash or sparge with this unit. The dedicated MLT pump sends wort through the HERMs (HERMI-IT) coil which is heated by a 3000W element, I usually recirculate the mash at full speed. Temp is measured by the BCS at the HERMs coil outlet within 0.1c increments. I have 2 key processes created in the BCS, one for Pale Ale (66.7c mash) and a German Pilsner step mash (Hochkurz)View attachment 118481
View attachment 118485

The BK
SS Brewtech – Capacity of 120L – I have never had a boil over. Its powered by 2 elements (1 x 2400W & 1 x 3600W). A dedicated whirlpool port installed at the bottom in conjunction with BCS temp control allows for prolonged whirlpool / hop stand at controlled temps. At the end of boil, I chill through the Blichman Therminator to 75 – 80c and then whirlpool at this temp (managed by BCS) for 30 mins. After whirlpool, I will continue to chill and with the flick of a switch chilled wort is sent to the fermenter. The BK also has a dedicated pump (3 pumps in total on this table)
View attachment 118482

The Price
The Mrs tells me that I have spent $1,000s on this table over the years, I always shrug it off but reckon she is right. This may not be the prettiest system on the market, but it’s a reliable workhorse that cranks out batch after batch of repeatable and reliable quality. I have developed Beersmith profiles for double and triple batch that I will provide with the table, I always hit my numbers with > 97% accuracy.

Putting a sale price on this unit is difficult. It’s a reluctant sale, but something that has to be done. I am asking $2,000 and happy to provide any additional detail pics required. I am based in Melbourne SE suburbs and more than happy to assist with the first few brews if required.

Here is a short video during the mash showing BCS interface -

Interested in your system is it still available.

Duck.
Interested in purchasing the whole system from you. Is it still available.
Ray

Latest posts

Back