3 Ravens 55 Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outbreak

Reaction score
I love this beer and would like to create something similar (AG) as my "house ale". I had a look at the website and a google search, but all I could find is that it has 5 malts and 5 hops (hence the name).

Has anyone had a go at this? Or anyone who has a better pallete than me able to decipher whats in it.

No love at all?

Should I write, "my air lock has stopped bubbling and my SG is still 1.020 WHAT DO I DO!?"

Tried this a couple of years ago at the brewery in Thornbury. The five grains were barley, wheat, maize, oats and hmmmm..... can't remember the 5th. Moderate to full body and the maize definitely seemed to stand out. Remember it being hoppy but can't remember what hops. Reading their website they mention 'piney' so could have been some Chinook in there and I suggest Cascade as well. Couldn't come up with a recipe to replicate it to save myself. Sorry I can't help you more than that...

sap.

Thanks for your help mate, everything is appreciated! I've sent an email off to the brewery so hopefully they can fill in the gaps. I could taste the chinook, it seems to be a fairly complex taste

The 5th grain is Rye. An english malt like Maris Otter at 80% with 5% of the other 4 perhaps? Cascade and Goldings are in there I'm pretty certain. Perhaps Simcoe rather than Chinook though?

Latest posts

Back