2nd Hand Stainless Tanks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch that's steep. Have been eyeing off this site and was curious about the pricing and shipping costs - need to find a cheap boiler of decent size but don't want aluminium and these guys have some nice stuff. Need something like that but looking at an 100-80L.

Might have to haunt a few catering/food manufacturer auctions in Melbourne instead and see what comes up.

Hopper.

Just out of curiousity, I called and grabbed a price on the 200L/44gallon drums. Price was around $950 each (sorry forgotten the exact price) complete with lid with clamps.

sap.

Shit thats big coin! Surely thats to much !?

Just out of curiousity, I called and grabbed a price on the 200L/44gallon drums. Price was around $950 each (sorry forgotten the exact price) complete with lid with clamps.

sap.

I just rang this arvo about a 225 litre stainless vessel. No lids or clamps just the vessel in the pic, $450.
Cheers
Gerard

Ouch that's steep. Have been eyeing off this site and was curious about the pricing and shipping costs - need to find a cheap boiler of decent size but don't want aluminium and these guys have some nice stuff. Need something like that but looking at an 100-80L.

Might have to haunt a few catering/food manufacturer auctions in Melbourne instead and see what comes up.

Hopper.

Same place - go to the "Used equipment / Tanks Stainless Steel / Vertical Tanks"

down near the bottom there are a number of smaller drums at 120L and a few others thereabouts

TB

Same place - go to the "Used equipment / Tanks Stainless Steel / Vertical Tanks"

down near the bottom there are a number of smaller drums at 120L and a few others thereabouts

TB

Cheers, saw those TB, but my rationale is that something half the size would sell for half that price? $400 odd bucks? Still steep. Cheaper to buy a big stockpot. But cheers might email them and find out for sure what they're going for.

Hopper.

Edit: Speeeeling

Those prices for SS 44 drums are insane. I can provide new 200 litre kettles with lids for $395, I'm not sure what makes them think that a bent up old ss 44 is worth that much.... :huh:

G'day Wayne, can you post any more info on those 200L vessels?

Would freight interstate be feasible?

Would they have thick enough bottoms to handle boiling if they are just vats ??

Would they have thick enough bottoms to handle boiling if they are just vats ??

I am going out there this week to do some shopping, I will have a look at these as well. I do know the vessel I enquired about was 316 Stainless. Apart from that I will have a magnet in my pocket just in case.
Cheers
Gerard

Picked up an 18gal (82L) keg for $60, (thanks to yardy) now I have a kettle for a double batch :beerbang: :beerbang:

Maybe worth trying to see if any are in your areas.

QldKev

G'day Wayne, can you post any more info on those 200L vessels?

Would freight interstate be feasible?
hi TD, they are pretty big @ 630 diameter and 690 high, so not sure if freight is really feasible - but if you want to shoot us an email with your postcode we can let you know. They are 1.2mm wall, but don't have that nice sandwich base the Robinox do unfortunately. All the same, that shouldn't be an issue for a kettle as long as it doesn't get boiled dry. not quite sure how they would go as a direct heating mashtun though, the mash might be inclined to stick....
We also have 150 litre kettles available just the same, they are 630 diameter x 590 high - $360each.

Tank Stainless Steel Enclosed (Second-hand)
Size: 750 litre Stainless Steel Cone Bottom Tank ,
Hills & Mills 1000mm Dia x 1500mm deep 3 1/2" inlet,
2"outlet with top manhole. Can be lifted by forklift
Id. No. 14469 Price ex store Silverwater $3,300.00

http://www.fleming.com.au/prods_used/flemi...sp?choice=14469

Price quoted is inclusive of GST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TERMS: Prices quoted are ex site and cleared funds are
required prior to collection.

Bummer its not jacketed at that price
Cheers
Gerard

Tank Stainless Steel Enclosed (Second-hand)
Size: 750 litre Stainless Steel Cone Bottom Tank ,
Hills & Mills 1000mm Dia x 1500mm deep 3 1/2" inlet,
2"outlet with top manhole. Can be lifted by forklift
Id. No. 14469 Price ex store Silverwater $3,300.00

http://www.fleming.com.au/prods_used/flemi...sp?choice=14469

Price quoted is inclusive of GST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TERMS: Prices quoted are ex site and cleared funds are
required prior to collection.

Bummer its not jacketed at that price
Cheers
Gerard
I've picked up some good gear from fleming's, got a 7,000 lt stainless tank (open top and shallow cone) for about $1,300 - just haven't got around to doing anything with it yet but it will come in handy one day. It's also where I picked up my mash filter press for an absolute bargain!

Shop around...

Cheers, Andrew.

Latest posts

Back