• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

2l Swing Top Bottles.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan Murphys and BWS usually have the 1.5L grolsch bottles for $10 here after christmas
i plan on stocking up on a few after christmas

and a bit off topic, but
I had Kilju (fermented sugar water and lemon peels/juice) stored in a 1.5L Grolsch bottle on top of my keg fridge for about 6 months
i opened it on saturday to give a friend some, and it mustn't have finished fermenting before i bottled it, because before i even completely opened it the lid exploded off the bottle and rocketed upwards
about 2 seconds later a giant spout of Kilju shot out of the bottle and went all over my kitchen
I haven't laughed so hard in ages :D

I sell the 2 litre swing top growlers with metal handles out of Melbourne, so postage is reasonable unlike the ones from the US.
Growler post and details.
I will be having a Christmas sale on them so will post up the discount code later tonight.
CheersKarl

Anybody tried these, or know an Australian seller?

They are sold on the Browland website ( http://www.brouwland.com/en/ ) in Belgium.

They are described as "Small aluminium lamina to turn any bottle into a Grolsch-type bottle. The lamina are clasped under the bulge of the bottle neck."

0175786.jpg

if your in perth/margaret river area, the royal hotel sells them (perth) and colonial sells them in margs
$20 refill $40 for growler of beer
real good quality bottles, i got 2 which is perfect for a night out

I sell the 2 litre swing top growlers with metal handles out of Melbourne, so postage is reasonable unlike the ones from the US.
Growler post and details.
I will be having a Christmas sale on them so will post up the discount code later tonight.
CheersKarl

OK the Christmas beer growler sale is on!!

2 x 2lt fliptop growlers with metal handle for $45 (excludes delivery)
you will need to enter the redemption code: christmasgrowler2011
Growlers are available at www.brewnutbrewing.com/bar
See the attached PDF for further info.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Karl

Christmas-flyer-2011.jpg

View attachment Christmas_flyer_2011.pdf

when i started brewing i got hold of quite a few (8?) clear large swing top bottles. They were 8 (10?) sided.
I used these and grolsch bottles.

Most of the clear 8 sided bottles burst. I carefully drank the beer in the ones that didn't burst, and never used them again.

Yeah that's ace - I'll do that instead, thanks.

The Great Northern is close to home and 2 Brothers is close to work too!

I've got a Local Bottle Store and Provisions screw top growler at home - but the seal on it is rubbish.
Two Brothers are now charging $30 a growler, non returnable, $18 to fill.

They are sold on the Browland website ( http://www.brouwland.com/en/ ) in Belgium.

They are described as "Small aluminium lamina to turn any bottle into a Grolsch-type bottle. The lamina are clasped under the bulge of the bottle neck."

I would be very interested if you find any of these locally.

What if you were to wrap a thick piece of wire around the neck of a growler, with a couple of loops for the swing top lid to hook into.

I have a couple of screw top growler bottles I'd try this on but the only swing tops I can find that would fit on a growler are these: http://www.ozbrew.com/default.asp?menuI=1&...ue&zoom=732 and they are for 5L demijohns, which are not rated for carbonation. They look like they might work anyway.

Anyone know where I could buy replacement swing tops designed for growler bottles?

View attachment 49795

went to site , this dummy could not find them

I have a few grolsch caps , after loosing a few bottles due to breakage

these would helpful to use the remaining caps

ps I bottle all my brew in grolsch botlles , managed to accumulate about 500

On their web site Brouwland list as their Australian agent the following.

WOODRISING CELLARS
P.O. Box 4013
AU-2284NSW WOODRISING
Telephone: 0011/61249592820
Fax: 0011/61249592820
E-mail address: [email protected]

I am also interested in purchasing about a dozen of these swing top closurers if they are available.

I have sent them an e-mail to see if the stock these closures in Australia (or willing to get them ) and requested details of minum order quantities and price

If/when I get a responce I will post it here

Cheers

Wobbly

Didn't get a responce from the Australian Agent :excl: typical and they wonder why people purchase from the net.

So contacted Brouwland direct and and they have responded that they will ship/post to Australia so I intend ordering both the swing top closures and some of the bottel kneck bands for myself

I'm not going to get into a bulk buy but if any one else is interested if they can give me an indication of what and how many I will order them (up to a total order max of 100 units) and onward forward then at cost plus postage from Perth to where ever.

I'm not sure what the all up price per unit from Brouwland will be as it depends on freight/postage from europe

Cheers

Wobbly

I had Kilju (fermented sugar water and lemon peels/juice) stored in a 1.5L Grolsch bottle on top of my keg fridge for about 6 months
i opened it on saturday to give a friend some, and it mustn't have finished fermenting before i bottled it, because before i even completely opened it the lid exploded off the bottle and rocketed upwards
about 2 seconds later a giant spout of Kilju shot out of the bottle and went all over my kitchen
I haven't laughed so hard in ages :D

Pronounced Kill-Yu right? ;)

heh, yep
did even bother drinking the rest, it went straight down the sink

IMAG0028.jpg

Went to First Choice at Sylvania last night and found these. $20 for 2l of german beer and a free 2l swingtop included! No idea what it is like, buthad to get one just out of curiosity

I'll second that.Altenmunster 2L brown swingtop full of German beer at 1st choice in qld.The neck is bigger than grolsch 450ml.

I'll second that.Altenmunster 2L brown swingtop full of German beer at 1st choice in qld.The neck is bigger than grolsch 450ml.

What's the beer actually like? Planning on grabbing a couple tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back