• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

2l Swing Top Bottles.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclessia

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get 2 - 3 litre swing top bottles (brown/green)?

Grolsch do 1.5l (green) swing tops near Xmas at the big outlets.

i use ikea 1.1ltre bottle that cost about $1.50 but they are clear and require brown paper bags or boxing to stop you hop additions skunking

actually out of interest has anyone on here ever got hold of tetra hop?

I bought one of the grolsh magnums at the start of the year at dans. They had a deal for a set of three. If they do that this year make sure to buy 3. If you buy one you'll regret not getting more. They're so handy and always get a comment. Only problem is you need to drink the beer which comes in them.
Cheers

Just Googled "swing top growler" turned up thousands of hits; second one down was this one from Austin Home Brew Supplies.
Only $20, add postage and you're in. Didn't do much more looking but there are sure to be lots of others out there.
MHB
glasshandlegrowler2.jpg

Oh that is cool! would only need a few of these instead of 60 odd stubbies :drinks:

Thanks,

That's be perfect.

19L is a daunting task for 2 and it'd be nice to be able to take my brews to parties etc.

Out of interest how long is a chilled keg good for once tapped?

Great Northern Hotel and 2 Brothers Brewery sell 2l swing top growlers for like $15, and $20 to get them filled with beer. Better deal, and supporting local business.

To be honest, the kind of margin they must be making charging $20 for those in America, the place where they are being made, is pretty crazy.

Out of interest how long is a chilled keg good for once tapped?

As long as the beer has been brewed well, oxygen uptake kept to an absolute minimum after day 2-3 of fermentation and it is kept cold.... years, potentially.

Great Northern Hotel and 2 Brothers Brewery sell 2l swing top growlers for like $15, and $20 to get them filled with beer. Better deal, and supporting local business.

To be honest, the kind of margin they must be making charging $20 for those in America, the place where they are being made, is pretty crazy.

Yeah that's ace - I'll do that instead, thanks.

The Great Northern is close to home and 2 Brothers is close to work too!

I've got a Local Bottle Store and Provisions screw top growler at home - but the seal on it is rubbish.

The company that makes fruit preserve jars also makes swing bottles. They have a line for homebrewers, haven't seen them around much. From memory they were 10 x 1L swingtops for around $39.99

The company that makes fruit preserve jars also makes swing bottles. They have a line for homebrewers, haven't seen them around much. From memory they were 10 x 1L swingtops for around $39.99

Can you remember their name?

Plenty available without swing top. Shame swingtop varieties arent more redily available in AU

+1 for the 1.5l grolsch bottles. I got about a dozen of them at the start of the year, by memory they were $10 each, full of delicious beer.

still ongoing, however i was investigating importing these into perth somehow.

the supplier is in germany, I would have to dig up their name, they wanted me to prove that I was in the retail business.

not sure of the costs associated, however the bottles were the same as the ones from colonial, and i would think not as badly priced.

Still on the radar, but I was considering getting 300 or so of them and onselling them.

Back