• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

250ish L Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit
Reaction score
So, where would one find a used 250-300L kettle for a low price, if one were to actually look for such a thing?

150L wayfair, but beyond that SS drums are 200L but not cheap. I like the way you think let me know if you do find a source also getting the collab brew itch.

Well, yeah, I ended up with this 180L kettle that's perfect for a mash tun, and I have the perf for the false bottom, and the center drain fitting, so the logical next step is a matching kettle...right?

Interestingly from the same site this 100L pot according to it's dimensions is 173L which is not a bad price for a brand new kettle @ $902, and they're just down the road, at packy

what about stainless 44g/205ltr drums Madhu ?

the above site has them listed new at $600, I've been thinking about getting something for colab brews

i just found this this site which has heater jackets for them...pretty interesting

manticle said:
Going pico/pilot mardoo?

manticle said:
Or just thirsty?
Thinking pico thoughts. The SS barrels are definitely an option. Too bad they don't sell the 55 gallon SS ones here in Oz. Perfick. 44 gallon is definitely workable though with a high grav mash and then dilution in the fermenter. Then there was that stuff Vittorio was selling. Wonder whether that ever sold?

It's just ideas at the moment, as I have some things to deal with for the next 6-8 months, which I have to see how they go, before I can make big plans.

I bought a 450 lt one from one of the auction sites, you just need to keep an eye out on businesses closing down and be patient. Made mine into a 350lt 1V system. Not in homebrew country any more Toto.

Yeah might pay to go for something with an access port (or lid at least).

Those SS drums would be a b#astrd to clean out and possibly have internal seams which would trap nasties. ..

Yeah, not for fermenting, those barrels. Far too much infection risk with those seams. Just looking at the notion of a relatively inexpensive boiler.

From memory it was grays online who were selling off a cordial factories equipment. It was a big open vat with an angled bottom which I cut off and welded back to a flat bottom. Very ordinary welding job but you gotta learn somewhere

CheekyPeakBrewery said:
Not too sure about used, but we have cheap new ones but they only go to 225L
Cheers
link? I suspect your understanding of cheap may have a different understanding to others in this thread.

we are lurkers and ninja purchasers of "actual" cheap equipment substituting time for coin...

Latest posts

Back