• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

250ish L Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not use a 200L drum, stainless or otherwise, as a boiler. The steel is far too thin and I can bet it'll warp.

The kettle won't be the most expensive part of the operation - wait until you start looking at stainless valves, pipework and the gas main upgrade.

I'll keep my eyes out for some little tanks. We're pulling out a lot of old equipment at work (currently a dairy).

+1 for grays auctions. There were a couple of 500 litre stainless tanks going when i looked a few days ago. Up in shepparton. Ex dairy probably. Would need a bit of creativity with a grinder and someone who can weld stainless but starting bid was 99 bucks!

Edit; i would find the link but I'm on my phone right now

Thanks all. This is definitely a future thing at the moment due to upcoming surgery, but I've certainly found that having a long lead time makes a big difference with getting both deals and ducks in a row.

That Cheeky stuff is well priced, I'm alread setup out to around 80L. So I'm in the same boat with lead time, we might have to do a colab brew off when we're both done.

Check this bad boy:

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1143734331

Mardoo said:
Only question I have on those malty is why not 3/4" fittings? Or at least 5/8"?
Agreed, thinking a slow upgrade to TC and 3/4 hoses. Mash control and stepping always gets interesting on any home system above 100L, I have some ideas; we'll see how things go.

Back