20A heating elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lael

Reaction score
Is anyone in Sydney using 15A or 20A heating elements in their rig? Preferably two?

If possible I'd be interested in seeing it in action

Im using a camco 5500w element in a keggle for 25l batches its great. Ramp times are very quick and with the brauduino I have great control. Give me a call if you'd like.

I just installed two elements to my kettle. 5 Star 3600w and 2400w. had a mates sparky son put in an extra 15a circuit for the 3600w. (and then we came up with the list of other stuff to do while he was there, 4 lots of bedroom fans, powerpoints everywhere ..... ahhhhh!!! Bloody good rates though!!)

He and my electronic engineer mate are in the sights to help build the control panel, heh heh heh, they just don;t know it yet!!!

My full test in anger is tomorrow, have done a couple of 35l test water boils and am getting 1.8 - 2 degree rise per minute in a 70l craftbrewer pot with no insulation as yet.

On the north shore (Turra) if you want a squiz

I got a 9kw 3phase element then realised I needed near 40amp to run it. So I went to the landlord and said they stove is plugged into a 10amp outlet and not legal. Do you mind if I replace the orignal stove circuit to make it legal again. The brewery is on the other side of the wall to the stove so now I have a 40A circuit and it was done with scrounged cable and other parts. Haven't run it yet but is for 160l kettle

Mitch I'll take you up on your offernover the weekend.

Mikey - sounds good! PMd.

Booargy.... Woah! I'd like to see that.

Latest posts

Back