2020: Best commercial glass 375ml bottles for homebrew ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualNerd

Reaction score
I have found a few threads covering this but nothing recent, so please direct me if I've missed something.

I've been using Brooklyn Lager 355ml bottles for homebrew and love them. I put most of them in the recycling when I moved house but I've since discovered they only sell BL in cans now so I can't get any more :(

Previous experience with bottles from the homebrew shop was woeful, they seem to crack pretty easily. I've just capped a couple of 375ml coopers pale bottles and they have sealed fine but they definitely don't look securely capped being a screw top bottle.

What's available in the 350-375 ml range, even if I have to drink my way through a few cartons of something rubbish ? Looking for nice strong, plain bottles with a crown cap edge. Not interested in swing tops etc. Hopefully without embossed branding all over them. I'd kill for a couple of hundred Brooklyn Lager bottles right now.

I think the little creatures bottles are crown seal, and fairly heavy duty.

Little Creatures are the best 330 mL bottles I've found – and the labels come off really easily in a warm Disan/Napisan soak. Feral bottles are okay, but a bit taller and much more expensive. Some of the 345 mL ones are also taller (and good), but I can't remember which beers they came from.

A lot of the 375 mL ones are screw tops. I avoid them.

Other potentials might be something like Gage Roads, but I didn't save any of the bottles for homebrew.

I always liked the James Squire bottles when I still bottled. Nice design and robust. Aldi sometimes sell beer called Flensburger. They have swing top bottles but are smaller than the other 500ml swing tops (330ml I think), and they look cool too.

Where are you located? I have 150 odd stubbies, including a fair few LC bottles that I was waiting to cash in at woolies.

+1 for Asahi bottles and their box. The boxes hold up well over time and other bottles fit well in them since Asahi bottles are taller than most others.

Latest posts

Back