2017 New Years Resolutions (Brew Related)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benn

Reaction score
Any goals or plans for 2017?
Mine are; (but not limited to)
•Get the garage sorted i.e brew bench/sink, dedicated wiring, rain water plumbed in. Got the materials and trades just need the time.
•Give the Pale Ales a bit of a rest and brew some other styles.
•Adhere to a recipe instead of making them up with no prior brewing experience to call on:)
•Expand beyond my local I.G.A Bottlo & taste some new styles.
Cheers

1. Finish my system build.
2. Get my heart condition sorted.
3. Start slaving in a commercial brewery. (Dependent on 2)
4. Brew at least twice a month.
5. Find people to drink all that beer.

- Reduce the amount of fridges in the garage

- Finish the brewpi build so I can remotely monitor fermentations

- Purchase a chronical (maybe)

- Finish (brewing related) projects in the garage

Higher the bar to my beers some way or another. Hopefully avoiding heart surgery. Enter more competitions but that means brewing to styles. That kinda bores me but if you can please the judges then you must be pretty good.

Now I have a new fermentation fridge I'll be brewing more often.
Sort out the leaks in my new system.
Perhaps purchase an ss brewtech 80l mash tun.
Put more research into water chemistry and apply it.
Actually attend a HUB meeting like I have been saying I would for the last 18 months.
Put more effort into harvesting and culturing yeast instead of just reusing slurry.
Maybe enter a competition.

1. Sell house and move somewhere where I can have my brewing stuff set up ready to go and not packed away.

2. Finish setting up a three vessel system (got most of the bits now, just need to finish and get somewhere to setup - see point 1)

3. Try and convince the better half, kegs are the way to go. This will be the hardest one. Her thoughts on kegs are not good, and I'm shit at arguing with someone that is always right or thinks she is.

Try to brew to a better schedule. I always seem to brew when I feel like a style which often means I'm a month or so behind. Maybe I need an AHB based reminder system. Get a big stout going well before winter. Get a lager going well before summer, and so forth.

Nullnvoid said:
3. Try and convince the better half, kegs are the way to go. This will be the hardest one. Her thoughts on kegs are not good, and I'm shit at arguing with someone that is always right or thinks she is.
A. Start off with a mini keg and just work your way up. Its easier to seek forgiveness than win some arguments. Mini kegs are cute and resistance is futile.

is it the moonshine I've been slugging on or is Grott looking particularly fetching tonight?

1. brew better beer
2. brew more often
3. move from bottles to kegs
4. build a keezer
5. build a bar at home

Seems to be do able, only time will tell

LAGERFRENZY said:
A. Start off with a mini keg and just work your way up. Its easier to seek forgiveness than win some arguments. Mini kegs are cute and resistance is futile.

Good one, I started with a 9.5 litre keg, picnic tap and co2 bulb connection with the fermented balance bottled. Then a 12 litre keg, then a ...........then a ................. I think I've stopped or have I?

Danscraftbeer said:
Its Santa! stepped out of a hot rod or off a Harley.
I think my moonshine is just as good as yours LF.
The old Grott was pretty cute in a very rustic sort of way but this new one is really blowing my mind man. Its the freaking Grottful Dead!

1. Get my Man Cave/ Brewery finished
2. Invite friends over more so I can empty kegs more often
3. Brew more often (see point 2)
4. have as big an improvement in my beer in 2017 as I did in 2016

@Nullnvoid, I had the same issue in 2016, chip away slowly and keep reminding SWMBO of the benefits

LAGERFRENZY said:
Yeah hoping to be involved in the next bulk buy and starting from there :). It's around my birthday so hopefully I can use that as an excuse :)

Shadime said:
1. Get my Man Cave/ Brewery finished
2. Invite friends over more so I can empty kegs more often
3. Brew more often (see point 2)
4. have as big an improvement in my beer in 2017 as I did in 2016

@Nullnvoid, I had the same issue in 2016, chip away slowly and keep reminding SWMBO of the benefits
Yeah slowly but surely. Or at least I am building up kegging stuff on the sly so when it's allowed bang ready to go :)

Back