2016 Vic Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MartinOC said:
Yep, Bag-holders are Bag-holders & no change in responsibility for those payments, be they fully-filled or partially-filled splits.
Aha, this was the snippet i was after. Gotcha.

Sorry to be a pain but unexpectedly I will be interstate the day of the pickup, is there anyone around the Blackburn/ringwood area who has space to pickup 5 sacks for me ?.....very appreciative to anyone who can help me out.

Hello everyone, a friendly reminder to check the spreadsheet and start making payments. We will endeavour to update payment status this week on the spreadsheet.

Cheers

Grainer said:
Hello everyone, a friendly reminder to check the spreadsheet and start making payments. We will endeavour to update payment status this week on the spreadsheet.

Cheers
Hey, G....just tried PMing you, but you're maxed out.

Could you remove the whole Bairds RB split from my column, pls mate, it's just the Barrett RB that's needed.

I'll fix up payment when the revised list is up.

Cheers, Dan

Danwood said:
Hey, G....just tried PMing you, but you're maxed out.

Could you remove the whole Bairds RB split from my column, pls mate, it's just the Barrett RB that's needed.

I'll fix up payment when the revised list is up.

Cheers, Dan
done

Danwood and BlacknTan, happy to transfer some funds if you send me some details.
Cheers

Paid. Thanks Grainer and Clever Martin

Spreadsheet updated with latest payments. Please note:

Frothy1 - Overpaid
Curly79 Underpaid
DU99 - Underpaid
JB - To sort out splits/Caraaroma independent with Martin from BB spreadsheets.

Please note: all incomplete splits and other arrangements honoured with Martin will be treated separately from the spreadsheet. Please ensure Martin is happy for you to pay these into the account (I am sure he will be)

Frothy1 is cool. I'm sending a bag of Pearl to him in WA as a one-off "Special Request" & his payment/deposit to the A/C includes freight charges. Forgot to let you know about that one Grainer. Sorry.

Yep, I'm happy to deal with the incomplete splits independent of the "main" spreadsheet, but the Bag-Holder responsibilities remain (JB is sorted already). Mialee will pay Takei for the Munich Light etc..etc..

Mardoo & MB will probably still be sorting this out on the day of pickup.....

Clever Brewing Bloke said:
Frothy1 is cool. I'm sending a bag of Pearl to him in WA as a one-off "Special Request" & his payment/deposit to the A/C includes freight charges. Forgot to let you know about that one Grainer. Sorry.

Yep, I'm happy to deal with the incomplete splits independent of the "main" spreadsheet, but the Bag-Holder responsibilities remain (JB is sorted already). Mialee will pay Takei for the Munich Light etc..etc..

Mardoo & MB will probably still be sorting this out on the day of pickup.....
Thanks - spreadsheet fixed for Frothy1! I will update JB as paid but leave the overpayment there for your records.

Danwood said:
All my bank transfers/bank transfer requests are sent.

S'cuse the cheeky plug, but if there's anyone wanting more 3kg buckets of honey for mead, braggot or toast, collection could be easily arranged at the same time as the malt.

Details here - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/86678-bulk-honey-buy-eoi-east-melbourne/page-2

Cheers, everyone.
You can bring me a queen..or a whole hive LOL !. I lost my queen in a move and my hive is not coping well !!!! Tried to order one from WA but the guy is a little painful and may not deliver ! Hopefully the queens come next week??????

Grainer said:
Spreadsheet updated with latest payments. Please note:

Frothy1 - Overpaid
Curly79 Underpaid
DU99 - Underpaid
JB - To sort out splits/Caraaroma independent with Martin from BB spreadsheets.

Please note: all incomplete splits and other arrangements honoured with Martin will be treated separately from the spreadsheet. Please ensure Martin is happy for you to pay these into the account (I am sure he will be)
Ignore underpaid.. my mistake on the pearl.. it is $52.5 .. spreadsheet said 56

Thanks DU99 for picking this up.. for those that over paid now ($3.50-$7).. Martin will give you the cash on the day or a discount on goods equivalent probably..

I'll update the bee thread closer to Spring, Grainer.

I did queen cell grafting etc, as part of a recent course, and we may be looking into doing some hive splitting and small-scale sales of nucleus hives here in Melbourne.

For now, make sure they have plenty of 1:1 sugar syrup (pollen availability should be fine in a suburban environment) and they should rear another queen. It won't be a very good queen, but it'll do for a while until you re-queen with a good one.

And back to the malt....

Once again Grainer found himself waiting for the queens to show up at his house... ;)

Sorry I've been remiss guys. I'll get the info out tonight for the splits I hold.

UPDATE!

Good-news/Bad-news time....

Let's start with the bad news:

1. We ordered the B&B Galaxy, but despite Grainer being told it's available just a few days ago, we're now being told it's not!! I get the feeling it's the left-hand/right-hand syndrome here.

This is the response we got from Cryer:

"It’s important to explain to your customer that BB Galaxy doesn’t exist anymore, because the barley variety (which it was named after) is no longer produced. These days we simply refer to the product as “Pale”, which tends to be a blend of whatever varieties are available, such as Commander and Westminster at the moment. You will see this information listed on the CoAs we send you with each order."

I've gone through the COA's & they look pretty-much the same. I propose (assuming there's no major objections) that we swap-out the 5 bags affected by this for the "Pale" product (prices are the same) & move-on.

Grainer, I don't have that level of access to the spreadsheet, so if you would oblige please.....

2. The B&B Roast Barley also isn't available right now.

We could offer you the JW RB for the same price, but I'm really not a fan of it & have convinced the boss to take a price-hit & replace it with the Bairds RB at the same price. How's that for some good news!? Geez I know how to look after you blokes!

Also on the good news front:

We've ordered the Gladfilelds stuff, which will be delivered on Friday.

We got 6 x 20Kg boxes of LDME delivered yesterday, so anyone wanting to create starters on a grand scale can do-so. Prices are TBA (probably somewhere in the $120-$130 bracket). Caveat - NO splitting of this shit in my nice, clean warehouse :ph34r: . You can take it away & do it in the privacy of your own home, where you can "get down & dirty" & have a shower afterwards without our security cameras recording your every move. ;)

Also getting-in some extra bags of Perc., as I've had quite a bit of interest on them. Prices are TBA once we get them in.

Slainte!

Martin

Excellent work on the RB substitution. I think we'll all be happy with that !

Cheers, Martin.

Back