2012 Hop Plantations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year's crop. All are starting to form cones.

IMG_20120812_00163.jpg

IMG_20120812_00164.jpg

Edmonton_20120812_00166.jpg

^^Dude, does your street begin in Mexico or something?

They have really long streets in Canada.

Are you referring to the 5 digit house number? First 3 are the street number....140th street.

... it was more entertaining thinking that you street went from Tijuana to Vancouver.

All your hops seem to enjoy the nice cold earth - mine seem to be trying to escape - they refuse to stay underground.
Last season they developed a bit of bulk on top, and over the winter they have really spent only a week or two covered.
I cover them with a layer of dirt every now and again, however it washes off as soon as rain hits.

This is happening to 4/7 of my 2nd year plants.

They seem to be doing ok... No sign of frost-death...

Goldings
med_gallery_19421_895_611901.jpg

Hallertau
med_gallery_19421_895_453831.jpg

must... plant... out.. the... Victoria... that's STILL sitting in the crisper..

Cascade has poked it's first Bine through...

Capture.JPG

must... plant... out.. the... Victoria... that's STILL sitting in the crisper..

Cascade has poked it's first Bine through...

View attachment 56576

OH YEAH.

Could have put them, or in this case it, into a pot with some coir when you received it and just put a bit of liquid manure on it now and again mozzi. That's what I do. I don't see the point to putting them in the fridge. Up to you of course.

Just moving to the country for a year or so. Moved my neglected first year plant/s that are in a pot...or tried to! The roots had busted out the bottom of the pot and are the size of your finger!!! Took a bit to yank it out of the ground.

Looking forward to getting them in the ground and not a pot as they have started going mad with sprouts and both plants are still going (thought one had died) and setting up some decent trellis.

Sure I can beat the four cones I had from last years plant that was grown from a cutting.

the 'A' in AHB is for Aussie - not Alberta. Don't brag just because your grow-op comes in 6 months early(or late).

How's about mowing your lawn, eh hippy?!?

Your one to talk, your in Poland!

Just as far away from Aus as Canada.....

How's about mowing your lawn, eh hippy?!?

I know. I fertilised the lawn this spring and then it started to rain......every damn day. The day I took those pictures was just after it had stopped raining but the lawn was too soggy to mow. :(

I know. I fertilised the lawn this spring and then it started to rain......every damn day. The day I took those pictures was just after it had stopped raining but the lawn was too soggy to mow. :(

How many variety's do you have mate?

I have centennial (2), sterling, fuggle, hallertauer, mt. hood, golding, willamette, and cascade.

Mine are getting a nice coverage of mulch either today or tomorrow, followed by copious amounts of a nitrogen based fert.

Finally got off my arse today to dig a hole.. transplanted a potted Cascade that I got last year,

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

4.JPG

Now growing, 1 Cadcade, 3 Chinook, 1 EKG, 2 Victory (potted) 1 POR (potted) and 1 Tett (Potted).

Hot diggity the backyard is gunna look good... I hope..

Ed: Sorry cant seem to get rid of that extra photo :blink:

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 17
One on Dr Smurto's pups at 2 weeks in the ground.

Saw no further signs of activity from the other one so gave it a lift to find a new shoot about 60cm long that had run underground across the barrel and was starting to emerge.

Hops_plant.jpg

Latest posts

Back