2012 Hop Plantations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one here in the Perth area that grows Hops. I have been looking but so far no luck.

So I ask is there anyone that has some rhizomes for sale or they will give away.

Thanks for any help.

Dug up my 2-year old Hallertauer rhizomes, since I don't tend to use the hops all that much and my new Cascade did so well this season...

Confirmed my fear of what might happen if I had planted them straight in the ground instead of in pots (actually, perforated stainless steel washing machine drums)

This was a solid root mass... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Gabe said:
Dug up my 2-year old Hallertauer rhizomes, since I don't tend to use the hops all that much and my new Cascade did so well this season...

Confirmed my fear of what might happen if I had planted them straight in the ground instead of in pots (actually, perforated stainless steel washing machine drums)
Cool photos! Where ever you live it looks tranquil and awesome.

What a monster!

That reminds me that I still owe you a beer, sorry mate. If you pm me your address again I will get something on the way in the next couple of weeks.

The little brother of that monster has taken off here in Qld as well.

KingKong said:
Cool photos! Where ever you live it looks tranquil and awesome.
Thanks! It is indeed tranquil - being on the edge of state forest in the middle of nowhere has it's advantages at times.

Florian said:
What a monster!

That reminds me that I still owe you a beer, sorry mate. If you pm me your address again I will get something on the way in the next couple of weeks.

The little brother of that monster has taken off here in Qld as well.
I had completely forgotten about that - very honest of you to remind me! PM on the way :)

Latest posts

Back