2010 Footie Tipping Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh..........If you support the Steelers you cant be all bad i guess, a shame they couldnt have a win before they were ejected

1992 .. won the preseason, great season, beat Broncos in Brisbane when both sides were at full strength, hit hard by injury to 3 key players just weeks before semis, so went into the final series without our regular 5/8, half back and lock (find me any team that can handle that sort of loss and I'll find you a super team) And lost our two SOS props throughout the season. Still, we played off with Broncos for the right to go straight to the Grand Final .. lead much of game but swamped at end. Final against St George - lost 4-0, had two tries called back for ALLEGED forward passes - to this day, I'll tell you neither was forward. I doubt we would have beaten the Broncos in the GF with the team we would have had on the paddock, but to have been there .....

Illawarra was NOT ejected, we took over St George. I hate to say it, but it was a good merger - their money, our players. Sure, it pains me to say St George and Dragons .. but being realistic, I'd rather the merger in the current state than no Illawarra at all. Just not enough money in Wollongong to sustain an NRL side. Shit happens.

But the ride was great while it lasted!

Team Song
Taste of Steel (1984)

Come on, mighty Wollongong,
We're the Illawarra Steelers.
You can't go wrong with the men so strong,
Gonna give 'em the taste of steel.

We mean it,
We're gonna make it happen right.
And when the whistle blows,
We're gonna get out there and fight.
It's our best game,
It's our own name,
It's our red crusade.

We're gonna tackle,
We're gonna shake 'em to the ground.
Gonna keep on scoring tries,
Gonna keep on winning games.
We're out to play,
We're out to stay,
It's our red crusade.

Geezus Paul don't get him going on the Steelers! We will never hear the end of it...

Found this at the St George Leagues Club Kogarah... They must breed 'em bright down that way :p

2917_1459_bathroom-for-morons.jpg

:lol:

Geezus Paul don't get him going on the Steelers! We will never hear the end of it...

Found this at the St George Leagues Club Kogarah... They must breed 'em bright down that way :p

Yeah, I didnt mean to, its like an avalanche..........one little slip and the whole world comes tumbling down. I guess there is something to be said for his optimism though, gotta love it

now if only they will let CQ into the comp, then you will see some optimistic punters

2917_1459_bathroom-for-morons.jpg

Bethania Fruit Shop

bananas1.jpg

Yeah, I didnt mean to, its like an avalanche..........one little slip and the whole world comes tumbling down. I guess there is something to be said for his optimism though, gotta love it .. now if only they will let CQ into the comp, then you will see some optimistic punters

Footie .. ya got to love it! :beer:

Don't forget your tips !!

We're coming to get ya Titans Chappo!

Dragons.jpg

Don't forget your tips !!

We're coming to get ya Titans Chappo!

View attachment 37269

NEW LEADER

Rank (LW) Tipster Points
1 (6) cwbrown07 62
2 (1) AndrewQld1 60
2 (1) clatty 60
2 (4) girlsrbest 60
2 (4) lonte 60
6 (6) Aus_Rider_22 58
6 (11) aussiecraftbeerlover 58
6 (6) clifftiger 58
6 (6) Screwtop 58
6 (1) The Fatgodzilla 58
11 (6) chappo1970 56
11 (11) Paulwolf 56
13 (15) granty245 54
14 (13) bconnery 52
14 (13) CHOPDOG 52
14 (15) Lucas Traynor 52
17 (17) skooey 48
18 (18) Bradsbrew 46
18 (19) Joshb55 46
20 (20) levin_ae92 40
21 (21) thesunsettree 32

NEW LEADER

Rank (LW) Tipster Points
1 (6) cwbrown07 62
2 (1) AndrewQld1 60
2 (1) clatty 60
2 (4) girlsrbest 60
2 (4) lonte 60
6 (6) Aus_Rider_22 58
6 (11) aussiecraftbeerlover 58
6 (6) clifftiger 58
6 (6) Screwtop 58
6 (1) The Fatgodzilla 58
11 (6) chappo1970 56
11 (11) Paulwolf 56
13 (15) granty245 54
14 (13) bconnery 52
14 (13) CHOPDOG 52
14 (15) Lucas Traynor 52
17 (17) skooey 48
18 (18) Bradsbrew 46
18 (19) Joshb55 46
20 (20) levin_ae92 40
21 (21) thesunsettree 32

What a shocking round <_< . Could only manage 4 and lucky to get them!!

The Eels have finally given me some love!!! Now for the challenge of winning two games in a row... oh well, just have to finish in 8th and then we are in the big show again :D

Otherwise, given the unpredictability of a number of teams so far this season, I reckon there will be plenty of lead changes in the table yet.

Don't forget to get ya tips in!

Just how do the Storm do it?
by Peter FitzSimons
October 10, 2009

"BRAVO, the Melbourne Storm, and they really did play a cracker game to win the grand final last Sunday evening. One thing, however on the much-vaunted ''level playing field'' provided by the salary cap, how the hell do they do it? As in how does one club have seven Kangaroos, two Kiwis internationals and three Origin players on top of that, all in the one side?"

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

But it's still footy, ya gotta love it!

Who cares its only a poofs game :icon_cheers:

Go Cats

Me! :beerbang:

They will come out firing wanting to prove something unfortunately for the fans it will mean nuthin'.

I think they will be worrying about how much money they are missing out on, remember the sea eagles last week?

Who cares its only a poofs game :icon_cheers:

Go Cats

Ah, there is always one idiot who throws in the inane schoolboy comment.

The Dead Centre Of Tallarook. Therook's crypt is the third from the right.
Tallarook_cemetery.jpg

Back