2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I should look at brewing that swap beer soon...

You've got a few days yet, relax... just hand out some dry grains and bags of hops on the day - we'll do it ourselves...

Have paid up, do I update the (paid confirmed) or is that up to the host :unsure:

BYB

You've got a few days yet, relax... just hand out some dry grains and bags of hops on the day - we'll do it ourselves...
I've got a mill so i'll precrush the grain for all, distribute the hops, grains & yeast evenly amongst the bottles.

There's 2 cubes of wort sitting downstairs so i'll brew a batch and get all 3 fermenting, I've had too many 'bottle the night before/day of the comp'. It's a bit of a bad habit

Kram. I have no idea what you are talking to Scruffy about but I am damn pleased to see you boosting the post count. You are the man!

I think Bonj will post the words to Khe Sang or whatever it is called soon. That will also be good :)

Sqyre hasn't replied to my offer to PM stragglers so he probably doesn't know what is going on in this thread. Should I PM him to tell him it's on the 14th or do you think he knows it is in a few or more weeks? :D

I saw a post when I first got home tonight from TidalPete about blokes bringing their wives. Sqyre asked for volunteers before on making things run smoothly and I will look after your wives, girlfriends and even sisters if time permits. Please post pics here so as I can prioritise.

Ever obliging,
Pat

Sqyre hasn't replied to my offer to PM stragglers

PAT- yes your more than welcome to PM the stragglers.. :icon_cheers:

BYB - You have been [Confirmed] along with a few others.. I update this when i check the account and there is usually a 24hour bank lag.

Presently 54 Attendee's
with 35 confirmed via payment.

Please check the Attendee list if you have paid to confirm i have recieved the funds..(give it 2 days after transfer.)

Sqyre...

still no activity from chap chap ,,, he must be in a bad way ,,, Sully what have you done ???

Stillscotish & winkle , whats with Hanna & Anna not comeing this year ? your not leaveing them together unsupervised are you ??

cheers

still no activity from chap chap ,,, he must be in a bad way ,,, Sully what have you done ???

Geez, I'm even getting PMs asking what I did to the poor bugger. He wasn't that broken after 4 days of piss and partying - this is Chap Chap we are talking about...

He has been on a 3 day Fire course actually doing something constructive and not at work slacking off on AHB.

He has been on a 3 day Fire course actually doing something constructive and not at work slacking off on AHB.

Good old fire service training ,, more time on how too light'em than put 'em out ,, haha might be handy with the pig ....

cheers

It is that time again... time to start practicing for the inevitable
drunken performance of Khe Sanh!

You'll be graded on slurring, animation, and composure. Stumbling is
allowed, but in no circumstances may any drunken choir members vomit
during the performance. Save that for backstage before/after. :p

Points will be deducted if you don't know at least 80% of the lyrics. In
line with this rule, the use of "The last train out of Sydney" will
attract a specific deduction. You can't catch a train from Sydney to
Hong Kong! "I was long, pay packets lean", while it makes no sense at
all, it is phonetically too similar to the real words (attached), to
realistically be policed, so we will have to let that one slide.

It is after all, the unofficial national anthem, and the official
Brewerhood anthem. Singing in tune attracts bonus points, but is not
required. Extra bonus points the drunker you are, as long as you can
carry the majority of the tune.

You may make up deducted points by being extra vocal (sing louder),
extra animated (headbanging, jumping, hair helicopters), or bringing
the topless barmaids. :p

Anything that increases your animation attracts bonus points.
However, keep in mind that exposing your genitalia will cause your
currently accrued points to be negated, unless you are one of the
aforementioned topless barmaids. You may, however, make lewd gestures or
suggestions freely, and if these cause you to be more animated, bonus
points will still apply.

There are a few areas that you have to have ticked off before you can
compete:

1. At least 6 full strength beers (or equivalent)
2. At least a partial undress eg: removed jacket or t-shirt
(especially for the aforementioned topless barmaids)
3. At least one observed arse-pinch or made arrangements for a
late-night spooning session (The aforementioned topless barmaids
count here.)

Good luck to all competitors (and late-night spooners).

So as to ensure I don't incure the wrath of the post count inspector I'm posting this in the thread as well as the email some of you will have received...
I'm looking to see if I can scab a lift from Mt Gravatt East to or/and from the swap. From is probably the most important, but to would also be ideal. I can probably organise to be gotten somewhere on the day(s) if necessary but at this stage I am canvassing options anyway.
The prospect of driving to and from Jimboomba on consecutive days with two small children doesn't exactly fill my wife with joy :)

My swap t-shirt has arrived :D
hit_and_miss_brewery_shirt.jpg

Nope nothing on the back... I thought about it, but decided against it. I don't want people on the street talking to me :p

Nice shirt, but WHITE.
Bet its coated in dead horse, stout, Irish Red, Porter, prawn + oyster goo and pizza in minutes 5 :D .

Edit: forgot a few.

Stillscotish & winkle , whats with Hanna & Anna not comeing this year ? your not leaveing them together unsupervised are you ??

cheers

No way, they'll be there!

How about this shirt for the swap... Jay?
a1064_thumb.gif

Nice shirt, but WHITE.
Bet its coated in dead horse, stout, Irish Red, Porter, prawn + oyster goo and pizza in minutes 5 :D .

Edit: forgot a few.
Are you suggesting I won't be covered in these things if I wear a blue shirt?

Back