2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry boys... I had to do it... B)

DSCF0678.JPGDSCF0679.JPG
DSCF0680.JPGDSCF0681.JPG

And may God have Mercy on my Soul... :blink:

Sqyre...

You should only do the pig Bruce, let everyone bring a little something to add to the meal. It makes it an interesting feed and takes some of the pressure of you and Renae.

Batz

Pizza dough is really easy. 500g of flour will do 2 pizzas. My recipe is:

500g strong bread flour
2 level tsp salt
2 level tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
~350ml tepid water

I'm happy to help with the dough too if you'd like.

Spot on Bonj! Almost exactly the same as mine, except I add 1tsp sugar as well :)

Cheers

I might see if Chappo still wants to come and put his sausage in my smoker... :eek:

Sqyre...

Any time Sqyre... anytime

You shouldn't have to be out of pocket just because your organising things, I'm sure most of us will be able to pay ASAP. Just send through your bank account details and I'll get SWMBO to transfer it tonight.

+1,000,000

Guys like a Bulk Buy lets just pay our way up front, yeah? Say end of November have yourself paided up and ready to play?

Bruce anything I can do to help just let me know mate. I picked up a whole trailer load of woof today from a mate and I am more than to turn around and pick up another load and drop it yours over the next few weekends. Just let me know how I can help, just deligate, I won't take any offence.

Plus how about a few of us turn up the few days before and help out? PM if your keen otherwise Bruce will say "She'll be righ, mate". Come on catering to 50 odd ain't a piece of cake is it?

Chappo

+1

Might not be able to make it to yours prior to the day, but if you need anything brought along to Winkle's Brewday etc let me know.

Cheers

PS: Chappo, think you mean October mate :p

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes October! NickB Ta! Sorry guys but you all kinda know I am somewhat mentally CHALLENGED! :huh:

(Ta NickyB!)

Pizza dough is really easy. 500g of flour will do 2 pizzas. My recipe is:

500g strong bread flour
2 level tsp salt
2 level tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
~350ml tepid water

I'm happy to help with the dough too if you'd like.

What the **** is strong bread flour?
stagga.

Brucie, those ribs look like heaven on a bone mate. I agree with TP's sentiments, about you doing too much to enjoy the swap, therefore I delegate Chappo to be your smoker attendant. Get him over and familiar with the smoker so he can look after it while you keep an eye on the pig and have some beers. I'm happy to be Chappo's offsider.

cheers

Browndog

chappo, do you actually have some sort of a life apart from this forum??
The whole thing must get very boring for the missus???

not that there`s anything wrong with that

cheers anyway

stagga.

...I'm happy to be Chappo's offsider.

cheers

Browndog

Let that be noted on the record!

Besides if you have a wee dram of your RIS :icon_drool2: BD, just to get us thru the stress of it all, yeah?... I'll be your biatch! XOXOXO (Hey trust me it worth selling your soul for!)

Let that be noted on the record!

Besides if you have a wee dram of your RIS :icon_drool2: BD, just to get us thru the stress of it all, yeah?... I'll be your biatch! XOXOXO (Hey trust me it worth selling your soul for!)

Chappo, I now have an American Barley wine that is just wooo............much better than the RIS 10.5% too, that will keep us going mate.

Chappo, I now have an American Barley wine that is just wooo............much better than the RIS 10.5% too, that will keep us going mate.

Sweet talker :wub: BD BarleyWine :icon_drool2:

Bet you say that to all the brewers?

I think delegation of cooks is a good idea.

The last few swaps Sqyre was running ragged with the work load, and this year its going to be twice the size...

So it is only fair that we all pull our weight and pitch in with the prep work and cooking

This year I would like to see Sqyre actually sit down and have a few beers in the afternoon without having to worry about anything..

We owe it to him.. :icon_cheers:

chappo, do you actually have some sort of a life apart from this forum??

Staggas if you had your nuts cut off what would you do? Stir maybe? :icon_cheers:

I think delegation of cooks is a good idea.

The last few swaps Sqyre was running ragged with the work load, and this year its going to be twice the size...

So it is only fair that we all pull our weight and pitch in with the prep work and cooking

This year I would like to see Sqyre actually sit down and have a few beers in the afternoon without having to worry about anything..

We owe it to him.. :icon_cheers:

Well said Stu! Gunna change the wiki to making alist of volunteer Mash Bitches for the day!

Indeed - if Bruce is not resting his pretty* arse by mid-morning, we're doing something wrong. Both Bruce and Renae need a damn good rest, and this swap is the place to give them that. I vote a mandatory arrival time of 10am, wherein each brewer not only gets their swap beer and kegs ready and gassed, but gets the breakfast (for us lazy buggers!), lunch, and Dinner sorted for the ensuing hoards.... The QLDers (and adopted QLDers among us, myself and Stu included!) should bring the whole shebang together, and not only celebrate great beers, but great Beer People#!

*Pretty according to InCider and his up-close-and-personal appraisal from the last few years.....

#Great Beer People include NickB, Chappo & Screwtop, but mainly Sqyre, & MrsSqyre(AKA Renae) :)

Isn't there a pizza place that will deliver out of Jimboomba or wherever for a reasonable bulk deal? We had pizza at the BABBs presentation night for about 50 guests and it hit the spot, would be a perfect foil to the excellence of the pork and balance out the ales and lagers nicely, as well as leaving mine host free to enjoy the evening without slaving away reinventing modern cuisine. My 2c, I'd be more than happy.

I dont think i will have a problem with looking after the smoker and the pig... with the smaller pig and smoker properly Balanced now it will be cool..
Besides i like keeping active on the day.. if i sit down with a Beer its all over.. :lol:
Looks like Renae has scored a Baby-sitter for the day so the stuff she will do will be easier.. Most of the tricky shit will be prepared the night before anyway...
We actually like organising everything, we see it as a challange and a bit of fun...

If guys wanna help thats cool, put your hand up and i will delegate jobs on the day... Dont worry i've been a Team Leader in a Steel Mill for 10 years, i know how to Slap Bitches around.. :p

Cheers Guys...

Sqyre.. ;)

Latest posts

Back