2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're the man Brucey!!! You too Mrs Sqyre :unsure:

And the rook is coming too :beerbang:

Mr Rook, I have my neices's place to stay at before and a little after the swap on the Gold Coast so methinks you should come and stay there a bit as well and we go exploring ;)

Top stuff,
Pat

Xsnip...a skinny old Victorian Geelong supporter allowed to tag along....
I promise to leave the sheep alone

Rook

Rook the skinny Geelong supporter and Victorian thing I can understand BUT...

What's wrong with sheep Mate? Your not one of those weirdo guys that fancies gerbals and guinnea pigs are ya? You know what they say "When in QLD do as the QLDers do"? Baaa!

Great to see ya there.

Cheers

Chappo

Edit: Grammarrar

Gerbals are totally unacceptable

If you wish you can have a go at a greasy pig, but just be carefull you dont catch fire... :)

Oh Rook someone's patiently waiting for you by the window....

sheep.jpg

Look at the legs on that honey.... :icon_drool2:

Cheers

Chappo :lol:

ROFL!!!

Where is the rook anyway? Not a peep from him since he threatened to attend :unsure:

Cor, just look at the shanks on that......

Put some class into Qld hey Rook...

:rolleyes:

Class......that's what's so boring about the other states :lol: Rook you'll return to Vic a much enlightened man after a visit to Qld.

Looking forward to catching up, even if you do follow the small balls code :lol:

Screwy

So whats wrong with Gerbal's ,,, I did 4 up for xmas dinner last year ...
med_gallery_592_88_828812.jpg

gallery_592_88_10662.jpg

Cheers

Edit : fix pics

gallery_592_88_10662.jpg

Cheers

You keep posting yummy pics like those Ned and we'll have Ecuadorian and Guatemalan brewers wanting to join the Qld Swap :lol:

OOhhh yeah! Gerbals in plum sauce accompanied with a nice robust Stout... :icon_drool2:

Ned I'm coming up for Christmas lunch it's not everyday you get a feed like that!

Cheers

Chappo

Well....He sure will appreciate that comment in the morning when Sqyre attempts to wake him up with the
" Mash Paddle Tickle"

gallery_592_88_10662.jpg

Cheers

What are those Ned? I'm pretty sure we don't get gerbals in Aus and the corny kegs and the SPC sauce makes me think it is an Aussie photo. They look a bit small for bunnies but bloody tasty whatever they are.

Please explain?

To big for Gerbals

I would guess they are Guinea Pigs.. About the size and shape...and the shape from the front legs up along the neck

:icon_cheers:

BUT...they do look like young rabbit . :icon_drool2:

Guinea Pigs would be par for the course if we lived in Peru. Surprising amount of meat on them. Don't know if I'd be accurate enough to hit one with the longbow though. Probably easier to chase them into a ditch.

They are Guinea pigs in fact ,,, and very tastey .. But shit they are a bugger to dress. Well undress actuley Lol .. They are a lot less robust than a rabbit and trying to skin the same as a bunny caused a lot of broken bones in the rib cage and almost pulled the forquaters off ,, Need to take a lot more care with thease little buggers ...

For the work involved in getting them from the hutch to the plate its not somthing that I'll serve up to often . The little Gnome down the road has plenty of them and I offerd to prepare them so we could all try it.. went down well as a starter type of dish at our xmas feast...

I won't be bringing any to the swap ...

Cheers

They are Guinea pigs in fact ,,, and very tastey .. But shit they are a bugger to dress. Well undress actuley Lol .. They are a lot less robust than a rabbit and trying to skin the same as a bunny caused a lot of broken bones in the rib cage and almost pulled the forquaters off ,, Need to take a lot more care with thease little buggers ...

For the work involved in getting them from the hutch to the plate its not somthing that I'll serve up to often . The little Gnome down the road has plenty of them and I offerd to prepare them so we could all try it.. went down well as a starter type of dish at our xmas feast...

I won't be bringing any to the swap ...

Cheers

OMG... that's a south american thing hey, have you tried one deep fried?

OMG... that's a south american thing hey, have you tried one deep fried?

I tried one baked, in Peru. It was whole, with the head on and with a carrot between its teeth and a tomato stuck to the top of its head with a toothpick. It looked gruesome and a few in our party were not willing to try it, but i ate all mine with gusto. It was delicious and not unlike rabbit. I think the ones they eat over there are a lot larger than the little pets we see here in Australia.

Cheers - Snxow

Back