2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First casualty of the day.
I picked up the foam box the case swap beers were sitting in and "What is that smell?"

busted.jpg
Naturally I blamed the cat.

All the remaining ones look ok, and the QA regime I instigated means the batch is fine, so its just some PET bottle shitting itself :angry: .
Still got 20 :)

I'd just like to say, on behalf on much of the non-attending AHB community, that overly drunken, ridiculously frivolous posting will not be tolerated...

But is highly encouraged!

Looking forward to it here.

Batz you missed a great little interlude yesterday, Henno and CB in full flight, hope they don't burn out before things get going today.

Hard to believe that 5 years ago there was only a handfull of AG brewers in Queensland.......... yesterday Henno and CB casually handed over a bottle of Bohemian Pils and an American Barleywine on their way through and brewers have flown in from all over the country to attend the QLD swap. That really is something when you think about it.

The fellowship and craziness is a dynamic that has to be experienced each year, but what I'll miss the most today is appreciating the talent displayed in all manner of beverages on offer, it's no secret that this is something that both humbles and blows me away each year.

If I hadn't felt I was missing out on enough, Ross had to go and put on a keg of Meantime................. :angry:

Have a blast boys :party:

Today puts a new slant on "in the meantime" for me at least. B)

Departure time 10am... feeding myself now (I'm such a big boy!) :lol:

Lilo - see you after 11 I guess... about 30 mins from Jays?

I am adorning my krytomite suit and updating my Rabis shots right now.

I'll have a brew waiting for ya

Looking forward to it here.

Batz you missed a great little interlude yesterday, Henno and CB in full flight, hope they don't burn out before things get going today.

Hard to believe that 5 years ago there was only a handfull of AG brewers in Queensland.......... yesterday Henno and CB casually handed over a bottle of Bohemian Pils and an American Barleywine on their way through and brewers have flown in from all over the country to attend the QLD swap. That really is something when you think about it.

The fellowship and craziness is a dynamic that has to be experienced each year, but what I'll miss the most today is appreciating the talent displayed in all manner of beverages on offer, it's no secret that this is something that both humbles and blows me away each year.

If I hadn't felt I was missing out on enough, Ross had to go and put on a keg of Meantime................. :angry:

Have a blast boys :party:

You are not wrong Screwy, the fellowship brewing creates is 2nd to none.
Mate, I'll send you up a few bottles of Meantime with my compliments...tis a real shame you have not been able to make it this year.

Cheers Ross

No Chappo this morning.... Did the boys survive the Platform Bar last night!!!!!!

He probably can't get a word in for the laughter with henno around :super:

Oh dear Bonj, you need to fix your number line.

"-0" sleeps to the swap...?

No Chappo this morning.... Did the boys survive the Platform Bar last night!!!!!!

I think he's at Ross's - hoovering up meantime, oops, I mean helping with the bulk buy.
He'll be having a nanna nap by 6.
Packed the make-up kit for then Sully?

Reckon this thread is gonna get quiet over the next couple of hrs as reality takes over

Are we there yet!!
Are we there yet!!
Are we there yet!!
Are we there yet!!
Are we there yet!!
Are we there yet!!

Allrighty then - I'm off to sort out the BBQ, temprite, keg, gas, guarana tabs and gaffer tape - then pack the car, pick up Troydo and we're off!

C U guys around 1.00-1.30. :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers - Snow

When I left just before pumpkin time (and the SWMBO's castration deadline :huh: ), Chappo & Co. were still going along just nicely. Henno and CB were contemplating how easy/difficult it would be to transplant the Platform Bar to Agnes Waters/Harvey Bay, and how much of a bad business decision it would be to try and run that sort of establishment in the heartland of the XXXX drinker. I'm just glad that I know what waits for me when I get off the train in Brisbane-town... :beer:

<GG goes off to dust off the swag, pack up the Case Swap goodies, throw the gear into the Henry and make his way to the airport...>

Bugger, I woke up feeling seedy this morning and the only thing I can put it down to is a batch of beef jerky I bought from the butcher to bring to the swap, had some last night to try it out. Lucky for you blokes I won't be bringing it to the swap. Better give the butcher a ring and see if he has killed anyone yet. See you blokes soon.

cheers

Browndog

Letme see the check list-
keg in car,
cackle berrys loaded,
swap beers loaded,
driver unloaded (for now),
sunglasses on,
dropkick murphys on,
all systems are go.

bring it on.... :beer:

You are not wrong Screwy, the fellowship brewing creates is 2nd to none.
Mate, I'll send you up a few bottles of Meantime with my compliments...tis a real shame you have not been able to make it this year.

Cheers Ross

Thanks Ross, much appreciated, about to order some yeast too, you can toss em in with the order on Tue..................er ..........if that's ok with Darren :lol:

Latest posts

Back