2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries Greg, in the mean time read up on here and if you are keen to watch an AG being done I am sure anyone on this list would be more than willing to have a slave extra pair of hands. I'm in the hills (Mt Torrens) and am using the 'dodgy esky with a tap' setup your HBS guy told you about altho i like to think its a tad more complicated than that - its not!

I will be brewing a few pilsners in the not too distant future so will give a shout out when i am brewing next.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Thanks mate.
I might just find my own brewing feet through obvious stupidity and brewing liquid sour-sobs for a while. But i'll hassle you with stupid questions such as.. 'my local home brew store employee said....' :p

OK, I'm brewing it, so I can't change my mind now...

KHB-Robust Porter-1098
2. Domonsura - Chocolate Soldier 'Porter type Dark'
3. Adam - Hybrid Belgian Strong Ale
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn- Russian Imperial Stout (hmm... probably needs to wait a bit after the swap before drinking...)
6. Backyard Brewer - Some Type of Porter
7. GMK -AG- Belgian Dark Strong Ale - Trios Pistoles with new 3864 Canadian Belgian Yeast (in stubbies now) + AG BYO Chrismas in a Bottle - spiced Ale brewed this weekend.
8. Homekegger1
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
13. MickOz - Belgian Specialty
14. Tim F -AG- Roggenbier - 3068
15. DrSmurto -AG- Dark Mild
16. Ryan - Stout

Ryan is out. Too busy moving house to brew. I also have been lashed up with work commitments. However I will drop of my beers to BYB and pick-up all your fantastic beers in the future. Hoping to pull a swift one to get out of work, but not too much chance of that.

KHB-Robust Porter-1098
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn- Russian Imperial Stout (hmm... probably needs to wait a bit after the swap before drinking...)
7. GMK -AG- Belgian Dark Strong Ale - Trios Pistoles with new 3864 Canadian Belgian Yeast (in stubbies now) + AG BYO Chrismas in a Bottle - spiced Ale brewed this weekend.
8. Homekegger1 - Brown Porter - 1098
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
[/quote]

Hey guys, I'm keen, will have to check to see if i can make it but yeah, what happens at a case swap?
sorry for noob question :)
-Mike

hehe...what happens at a case swap......well, we grease a pig...and............

no but seriously. You just do a brew and bottle the appropriate number of brews according to how many are taking part, and you take them along. Everybody takes home a mixed case to enjoy, and sometimes we pass a little bit of judgement.....:D But mainly we just have a good time, and use it as an event to get together and have some fun, try some beers, share some food etc......generally a really good day/night, and I'm expecting that this one will be no exception at Andy's house.
There have been a couple of withdrawls lately, so if you can put a half decent brew together and feel like a good day out, come along. It's in the Barossa this time though so sort out a driver or score a tent and book a spot on the lawn....:D

sweet, i just checked and i don't have hockey that weekend :D

1. KHB-Khocaholic Porter
2. Domonsura
4. wee stu
5. peas_and_corn- Russian Imperial Stout
6. Backyard Brewer - (AG) Some Type of Porter - Nottingham Ale Yeast
7. GMK - Belgian Dark Strong Ale
8. Homekegger1 - Robust Porter
9. Jazman smoked porter or dopplebock
10. choppadoo - Russian Imperial Stout
11. Rustyc - Scottish Ale
12. BenH - Northern English Brown Ale
14. Tim F
15. DrSmurto - Dark Mild - AG - Wyeast 1187 ringwood
16. Ryan - Stout
17. ~MikE - Porter or black ale

(from the wiki page)

EDIT: is there any standardization for bottles?

Hey Mike, I copied the list from the post above as I'm not sure if the wiki is as up to date. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Standard bottle size is longnecks, but I think 1 or 2 people are bringing 2 stubbies instead.

I just pitched the yeast in my Roggenbier for the swap! My 1st batch was pretty nice and I've just tweaked it a little bit so hopefully this one will be even better. And it looks like I got about 7% more efficiency than I was aiming for so this should be a nice winter warmer ;)

1. KHB-Robust Porter-1098
4. wee stu
8. Homekegger1 - Brown Porter - 1098
9. Jazman (to confirm)
10. choppadoo
11. Rustyc
12. BenH
16. ~MikE - Porter or black ale

Hey Mike, I copied the list from the post above as I'm not sure if the wiki is as up to date. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Standard bottle size is longnecks, but I think 1 or 2 people are bringing 2 stubbies instead.

ok, i don't have too many longnecks on me, would people prefer 2 stubbies or one PET bottle?

Maybe I'll be good at AG next year and be able to take part in something like this! If it's in Nuri again next year I can crash at my granny's too :D

You are welcome up at my place and can brew AG here - I am planing on doing an AG Forbidden Fruit this Weekend.

Should still be ready for the swap in time.

I'm quite looking forward to this swap! Hmm, must look into the whole 'accommodation' thing, so driving won't be a problem... :)

I'm quite looking forward to this swap! Hmm, must look into the whole 'accommodation' thing, so driving won't be a problem... :)

Bring a stretcher bed or I may be able to loan a couple. Room in the bar for at least a couple.

BYB

Sweet! my porterish beer (not really sure what actually constitutes a porter - just threw it together in beersmith) has almost finished primary. is also my first attempt using hops flowers (90g of styrian goldings) - smells and tastes very nice indeed.

Well, I just finished bottling... it's in the hands of the beer gods now ;)
Of course, since this is for the swap I made every rookie mistake under the sun. Can anyone picture me mopping up beer off the kitchen floor? Just squeaked out enough bottles luckily.

By the way what's the best hotel/motel in Nuriootpa, anyone know?

Well, I just finished bottling... it's in the hands of the beer gods now ;)
Of course, since this is for the swap I made every rookie mistake under the sun. Can anyone picture me mopping up beer off the kitchen floor? Just squeaked out enough bottles luckily.

By the way what's the best hotel/motel in Nuriootpa, anyone know?

There is a cheap budget motel within staggering distance of my place, then there is another more up-market one about a stagger and a half. Vine Inn Hotel, Top Drop Motel Barossa Valley, and the Nuriootpa Caravan Park over my back fence, My place, Roberts Crt

Brewed the Dark Mild yesterday. 4 hour mash.... helluva brew day. Think it might tip the scales at a hefty 3% instead of my target 2.6%.

If it doesnt turn out ok i have an english IIPA as a backup.

Latest posts

Back