2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So timf and weestu, what are you brewing?

Have refrained from kegging mine just yet as i figure the less time it spends on tap, the more likely i will have 15 bottles worth! :lol:

Haven't seen old wee stu around for a while, I hope he hasn't forgot!

Updated the wiki now - I'm doing a roggenbier. I had one bottled and ready a couple of weeks ago but on opening a bottle it's turned out to be a gusher for some reason. I'm wondering if I had a bit of a stuck ferment because of repitching slurry that had been sitting for a bit too long. I'm just going to brew a fresh batch tomorrow so it will be bottled by the swap but it will want to age a few weeks before drinking.

Oh yeah I'll be attending with the missus - but we're going to stay at a motel I reckon.

Updated the wiki now - I'm doing a roggenbier. I had one bottled and ready a couple of weeks ago but on opening a bottle it's turned out to be a gusher for some reason. I'm wondering if I had a bit of a stuck ferment because of repitching slurry that had been sitting for a bit too long. I'm just going to brew a fresh batch tomorrow so it will be bottled by the swap but it will want to age a few weeks before drinking.

Oh yeah I'll be attending with the missus - but we're going to stay at a motel I reckon.

Look forward to the meeting.Was actually through Woodside today. Saturday drive so to speak.

BYB

Hmmmm. I have 6 empty kegs and have resisted the temptation to take the only beer i have in secondary and keg it as its the swap beer. I thought there was only 1 week to go so thought i might just make it but having been informed there are 2 weeks i am in trouble.

All i have to drink is 2 x 6 packs left behind by mates who decided my beer was better. Carlton cold and tooheys old. :(

Might have to 'sample' a few of the beers in primary..... :ph34r:

Couldnt resist any longer. Its now on tap and have sampled a few and its not a bad drop if i do say so myself.

Hopefully i can restrain myself between now and next weekend :unsure:

Couldnt resist any longer. Its now on tap and have sampled a few and its not a bad drop if i do say so myself.

Hopefully i can restrain myself between now and next weekend :unsure:

nice, i'm looking foward to the dregs :D

on another note, how many longnecks was it? (i'm guessing 15 - i'm gonna bring 2 x stubbies tho) and we're taking them to beerbelly sometime next week?

15 pick axe, 30 stubs.

I think Wayne is a drop off point if you are planning on missing out on all the fun. Check out the 2007 thread for piccies, we had a ball. I'm packing the swag so am in for a huge night and the aftermath the next morning for a greasy breakfast. Wayne will be taking my keys i suspect....

9 sleeps to go! :icon_chickcheers:

ah ok, so i'll just bring it along with me then. so how many are going so far do we know?

15 pick axe, 30 stubs.

I think Wayne is a drop off point if you are planning on missing out on all the fun. Check out the 2007 thread for piccies, we had a ball. I'm packing the swag so am in for a huge night and the aftermath the next morning for a greasy breakfast. Wayne will be taking my keys i suspect....

9 sleeps to go! :icon_chickcheers:

I will be in the same boat, so how about we just let Andy's wife look after the keys eh? :) Think that might be safest. Geez...9 sleeps..I spose I should bottle this beer then.....I've had to leave the keg off the tap so the missus doesn't drink it, she's decided that it's not bad after all...... :angry: can't bloody win.

ah ok, so i'll just bring it along with me then. so how many are going so far do we know?

At last count I had around 11 brewers + a few ring ins from next door. Just to remind attendee's that I have a portable magic box besides the font in the bar. If anyone wants to bring along something we can trial through the box ;) don't hold back. All I need is an extra reg. I have a spare bottle.... Currently on keg rations, but I should have enough to keep me happy and beyond... BTW I am an 80's fan of music so you know what will be heard... PF, DS, CC. I will let the older generation work it out..... If anyone has some music DVD's bring them along will hopefully have something set-up to watch them on...

AdamT
KHB
GMK (special appearance but not for long)
Homekegger1 (towards evening)
Domonsura
Rustyc
DrSmurto
peas and corn
mickoz
MikE
Back Yard Brewer (mine host :party: )
Jazman

+ a few dropper inners.....

Geez I'm just going to squeak it in I reckon. Just started the boil for my swap beer, after the last one didn't turn out.

Update.......

AdamT
KHB
GMK (special appearance but not for long)
Homekegger1 (towards evening)
Domonsura
Rustyc
DrSmurto
peas and corn
mickoz
MikE
Back Yard Brewer (mine host party.gif )
Jazman
Tim F

+ a few dropper inners.....View attachment 19845

Attachments

• July_Case_swap.jpg
    July_Case_swap.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 25
Well under a week to go now and can't wait, bottled my brew yesterday after re brewing as I was not happy with the first attempt so I it will have a best after date on it. Also got a keg from a batch as well which I have just put on tap and having my first glass now. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and getting some great brews.

BYB just keeged up a bitsa IPA and wanted to see if another keg is need for consumption on the day if it is happy to bring it up.

One other thing the missus is going to be coming up as well (don't worry she is a beer drinker as well) she been nagging me to see if there are going to be any other significant others there on the day.

anyway a few photo's of my brew. look forward to see you all next saturday

Rusty

CIMG1015.JPG

CIMG1016.JPG

BYB just keeged up a bitsa IPA and wanted to see if another keg is need for consumption on the day if it is happy to bring it up.

Is the Pope a Catholic. Can't see the harm even if it is a K&K.

One other thing the missus is going to be coming up as well (don't worry she is a beer drinker as well) she been nagging me to see if there are going to be any other significant others there on the day.

My Trouble & Strife will be present, I would think that could be very significant. May need someone for rationing of liquid if it comes to that. Also think there could be a couple more ladies here on the day.

BYB

BYB Don't worry it is AG just had a heep of hops left in the fridge that I made a hop burst out of them so end comming out at the upper end of the bitter scale but a few brewer mate enjoyed a glass the other night. So i'll bring it along and every one can judge

I may bring a keg of a Coopers'ish beer too... got enough fridge space? :)

i got some 8-9% APA that should be ready that i can bring :p

Latest posts

Back