2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to backyard brewer for his hospitality was a good day

\

KHB the two schooner screamer. Crash and burn man, crash and burn.

BYB

Just to note i dont normally drink solid for 8 hours in a day and having a new born at home dosnt help. It was nice to get a good nites sleep!!

Nice of you to add this after my message about you with ur wang out!! :D

I have to say i think i was looking the best in the morning though :p

Cheers KHB

Yep, great day/night all... some amazing beers tried, and some even better port! Just a shame I can't remember too many of the beers... trying over a dozen in the space of a couple of hours was too much for my tired head to remember :)

Much thanks to Andy/Belinda for their hospitality!

I think it's nearly bed time...

Haha looks like it was pretty messy. Sorry I didn't get up there but glad I didn't end up behind any sheds ;)

My swap beer didn't make it to the swap, but I'll be bottling this week and taking it down to beerbelly. Is there anyone who needs me to get it to them some other way? Let us know if so.

Ouch! And one of the glasses that leapt out of my hands was one of my own i brought along.... <_<

Good to meet some more new faces. I think cameras should be banned at these do's.....

A big thanks to Andy and Belinda for hosting. Where did you get the leberwurst and wash rind cheese from, they were killer!

Knocked off one of my case swaps last night to see if it was holding carbonation. It is so drink it at your leisure.

Andys Hobgoblin was very nice, Bens CPA clone was spot on. I vaguely recall the doppelbock (nice) and an IPA (also nice) and then it gets fuzzy.

That big screen was mesmerising wasnt it? :rolleyes:

The keg of Hobgoblin i brought along had only been in the keg for 6 days and i had maybe 3 pints out of it before bringing it along. Its now virtually empty! I will have to brew that again asap!

Had a ball, cant wait till the next one. My partner didnt say no when i asked her if we could host the next one. I think that means yes?! :rolleyes:

Cheers and beers
DrSmurto

The keg of Hobgoblin i brought along had only been in the keg for 6 days and i had maybe 3 pints out of it before bringing it along. Its now virtually empty! I will have to brew that again asap!

yeah, i remember making a bit of a dent in that one, friggen awsome :D

Thanks Andy and Belinda for hosting and everyone else for the beer awesomness.

-Mike

Ouch! And one of the glasses that leapt out of my hands was one of my own i brought along.... <_<

Good to meet some more new faces. I think cameras should be banned at these do's.....

A big thanks to Andy and Belinda for hosting. Where did you get the leberwurst and wash rind cheese from, they were killer!

Knocked off one of my case swaps last night to see if it was holding carbonation. It is so drink it at your leisure.

Andys Hobgoblin was very nice, Bens CPA clone was spot on. I vaguely recall the doppelbock (nice) and an IPA (also nice) and then it gets fuzzy.

That big screen was mesmerising wasnt it? :rolleyes:

Had a ball, cant wait till the next one. My partner didnt say no when i asked her if we could host the next one. I think that means yes?! :rolleyes:

Cheers and beers
DrSmurto

Or at least the batteries removed. Someone may get caught in an uncompromising position. The bacon & white pudding were from Shulz's butcher in Angaston and the cheese came from the Angaston Cheese Shop. As for your keg, the death of it was quick and swift. I hope your partner knows what "actually goes on at these swaps" Its not all beer and skittles.
Anyway great day and early to bed yesterday. May have to call Dom "The Possum" You know how if there is to much light a Possum will always retreat to somewhere it is darker :ph34r:

BYB

Having witnessed a 'Team Stonkered Adventure' (tm) my partner is well versed on the drunken debauchery that occurs when large numbers of people meet with the sole purpose of drinking every last drop of alcohol in the place.... :party:

At least the swaps are only 1 day!

Too early to call dates and attendees for the xmas swap but will definitely put my hand up to host. We have a HUGE backyard so plenty of place to pitch tents and embarrass ourselves with some cricket.....

Taking a day off this week to do my first decoction - a Bo Pils that will be ready just in time for the swap!

Shulzs butcher ey? Sounds like an excuse to visit the barossa and soon. The leberwurst was bewdiful..... :icon_drool2:

I think your partner must be *very* understanding!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Instead, I had great fun <_< packing boxes for our impending house move.

Look forward to trying the beers - thanks to DrSmurto for transporting them for me.

My Duffelcoat Alt can be drunk immediately (wiki updated).

My Duffelcoat Alt can be drunk immediately (wiki updated).

i figured due to the lack of a yeast cake. I tried it last night and i must say it's very nice :D

All these brewers already drinking-tasting their case swap. Me I am still not up to it. Hopefully by this week-end.

BYB

Seems i have picked up a nice cold after Saturday night.....

And i thought all that alcohol would have been enough to kill any bug crazy enough to get that close to me.

I wont be drinking any of the swap beers for a few days to detox a bit, apparently i snored a bit last night! :rolleyes:

Well Guys, I gotta say, I had a great night. Good to catch up with a few familar faces and a few new ones. Although by the time I rocked up, it was well into the swap and everyone was well on their way... :icon_cheers:

Got to try some great beers. Rustys IPA and Smurto's Hobgoblin were well received as were the beers on tap inside the doghouse. (Hobgoblin and something else)

Was introduced to something new - Hop infused vodka. Thanks ~Mike it went well in the All Amarillo Ale you provided. Could still taste the cascade in a couple of burps on Sunday... :icon_drool2:

I have a plastic drinking glass I can bring along next time for Smurto the glass smasher. ;) Shame poor Ben was a little tired. Looked well under the weather after eating the Mexican pizza. And as for you Andy, that large pink appendage that made an appearance later in the night... :eek:

All in all a great night had. Thanks for all those that were there for making it a worth while trip for me. Thanks to Andy and Belinda for their awesome hospitality and I look forward to catching up again soon.

Cheers

HK

p.s. I had to work early the next morning and was well under the weather for most of the day. Playing catch-up was not the best of ideas...

Hi all,

*WARNING* - 10. choppadoo - Foreign Extra Stout - AG - Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale is a gusher!

cracked one of my caseswap stouts tonight and it was a gusher. not infected, just very keen to get out of the bottle. just thought i'd warn you before you go out and ruin your finest persian rug. otherwise i think it came out alright, others may disagree. one of my mates referred to it as "abbotsford on 'roids". i think that was a compliment. looks like i missed out on a few shenanigans on the weekend, look forward to sinking my teeth into the products.

cheers,
chops

I'll make sure to put it in the fridge then :)

It's cold enough to drink beers (especially winter beers) straight from the unrefrigerated case!

Shit yeah, its cold enough to drink straight from the fermenter. But then again, that habits not really temperature dependent is it...

Back