2008 Sa Christmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok two more sleeps till the day, shit, hasnt time flown. For those coming, keep an eye out for the sign that will be strategically placed around the place. Should be a good day at around 17c. Have plenty of shelter and know doubt there will be plenty of photo's after. Currently have around 6 sleep overs ATM which should all make for a good story come the morning. Eggs and bacon followed by a hagover cure

Back Yard Brewer

July_Case_swap.jpg

Looks like I'll be crashing there too (not sure if you had me down or not), I've got a spot in Wayne-O's tent. I don't eat much anyway :)

I'll be bringing a corny of Aussie ale, do you want me to bring a bronco tap, or is there enough taps? Let me know if you still need a regulator and I'll bring mine along.

Cheers

Looks like I'll be crashing there too (not sure if you had me down or not), I've got a spot in Wayne-O's tent. I don't eat much anyway :)

I'll be bringing a corny of Aussie ale, do you want me to bring a bronco tap, or is there enough taps? Let me know if you still need a regulator and I'll bring mine along.

Cheers

That tally included AdamT spoke to Wayne tonight. He will bring a reg. Bring the bronco, you never know. As for sleeping arrangments its up to you who/what you sleep with ;)

BYB

July_Case_swap.jpg

Well it's really touch and go whether my swap beer is ready in time. It's still at 1.020 and I'd be wanting it to go down another 8 points before I even think of bottling it. If I do bottle it I'll use plastic just to be on the safe side. I guess the alternative is I could bring up this hoeggarden kinda thing I bottled the other week if a few people don't mind 2 stubbies instead of longnecks.

Well it's really touch and go whether my swap beer is ready in time. It's still at 1.020 and I'd be wanting it to go down another 8 points before I even think of bottling it. If I do bottle it I'll use plastic just to be on the safe side. I guess the alternative is I could bring up this hoeggarden kinda thing I bottled the other week if a few people don't mind 2 stubbies instead of longnecks.

Instead of rushing it I really don't have an issue waiting. Wayne at Beerbelly might offer to hold the case at his shop when it is ready. I along with everyone else normally see him for supplies from time to time so it may be convenient for others??

BYB

My Hobgoblin ish clone has been in the keg for a week now with a plug of styrians drowning in it (what a way to go!). Its still a tad green but its tasting good at this stage so will bring that along with a picnic tap.

All i have to do now is whip up a label and bottle the case swap beer (i hope i have left enough in the keg....)

BYB - hangover cure idea - a powerade and a bogan juice (aka FUIC) with a greasy brekky and i reckon we will be set.

Just cracked a swap beer.. it went "fsst." Not quite carbonated yet! I'll blame it on winter! Isn't it lovely how I was one of those who wanted things organised so beers would be ready in time? Aaaaaaaaanyway...

Tasting brilliant though, just a bit under-attenuated but should be better with a little carbonic bite.

Please tack any extra information regarding best after dates, and the like in the Wiki article.

I'm saying this now as it may be fruitless trying to remember anything tomorrow, with the amount of beer we will have on hand! -_-

See you all tomorrow.

Shame i couldnt make it, have fun fellas.

Well the dust is starting to settle after the big day out. Domonsura awoke from his slumber this morning only to visit the back of the shed, return, then go back to doing what kiwi's do best, sleep. Smurto took the glass smashing award. Never known some one to smash a glass get another then proceed to smash that one!! RustyC and Mrs RustyC left for their motel room at 7.30pm and returned all smiles this morning for barby breakfast :ph34r: KHB pulled up stumps at around 8.30pm seems the new addition to the family is taking it out of him. No doubt there will be other awards but this scribe is still recovering.

Took photo's in high res thus the numerous posts that will follow

IMGP1863.JPG

Phone link up with Sqyre trying to force drink "His Precious"

Something interesting going on here?

KHB, Dr Smurto, AdamT, Peas and Corn, MikE

IMGP1860.JPG

IMGP1878.JPG

Part of the stayers club bunking in for the night. Yes AdamT woke up looking the same. A bottle or two of port became very empty when the lights went out. Maybe that was what Dom's behind the shed visit was all about this morning :lol:

IMGP1857.JPG

KHB before he pulled up stumps early and RustyC all smiles before leaving with Mrs RustyC ;)

Well a great day was had by all I even managed to do some wine tasting on the way home congrats to Andy for putting on a great show.

Went through my swap beer when i got home a found 3 longys of mine still there then I remembered that I left 2 500ml bottle in the create so i think that they have been swapped instead of the long necks so whom ever ended up with them just let me know and I'll work out how to get the longys out to you.

Once again a great day cant wait for the christmas swap

cheers

Rusty

Right then. Now that I've made it back home and recovered a little bit, here are some pics of last nights debauchery.......I'm sure there will be others.

Observations from the evening from me are
  • Smurto needs a plastic glass.
  • It's not possible to have an empty vessel around this lot. Homekegger was tracking me down every bloody five minutes to see if my glass was empty so he could fill it back up again........
  • Back Yard Brewer has the rottenest ass of anyone I've ever met
  • Peas & corn loses the ability to think when you give him alcohol
  • RustyC (and Jana) are pikers :) (Ducking for the motel room at 8.30ish or something insane like that....hmmmmmmmmmmm careful Russ - that's how you end up with kids :p )
  • Andy (BYB) is a *******, because he has an awesome little bar...
  • When you are having a chunder in the back yard in the morning - Andy's neighbours choooks WILL laugh at you.
So now for those photos....
shybelinda1.gif

First order of the day was to pick on Andy's lovely wife Belinda, who for some reason has something against cameras. Hence she got lots of pics taken of her.
shybelinda2.gif

(KHB/Ben trying to convince her that it's really not that bad.....)
belinda.gif

Gotcha.....:D
duck.gif

Next came Jazman, who we had to trick into getting in front of the lense......quick duck adam....
swapcases.gif

All the swap cases, sorted and promptly forgotten about...
group1.gif

group2.gif

group3.gif

You can see that it's all starting to get into full swing........

kenny.gif

GMK Kenny & his girls
cheese.gif

Nice contrived group photo........
neighbour.gif

Not sure who this dude was, but he's a funny bugger (One of Andy's neighbours? )
projector.gif

Watching the big screen (Smurto was mesmerised by this and Pink Floyd later on)

smurto.gif

I think you can see what stage Smurto was at here....I think this was about 1.30am, and this started a little hat fashion parade with Smurto and Adam...
smurto2.gif

smurtocowboy.gif

adam1.gif

adam2.gif

adam4.gif

me.gif

and me, mulleted as all hell (don't even remember the pic being taken)- but enough said about that eh :)

2.jpg

mickoz & Andy
4.jpg

The boys all being geeky, trying to break my laptop/hack it with their bluetooth phones etc, and generally get into trouble.....it got put away about 2 minutes later.....
6.jpg

MikeE and smurto again
7.jpg

Not sure what he was up to, I didn't really want to know.
8.jpg

We had to lock Andy out of his own bar, for the safety of our own lungs.....(that smell is not normal Andy. NOT normal. )
9.jpg

And then the night quickly deteriorated...........no description necessary right Andy :p

All in all a DAMN GOOD NIGHT!!
Thanks Andy and Belinda for your awesome hospitality, very much appreciated. I had the best night out I've had in a long time and I'm pretty sure the same goes for all.
Cheers

Wayne

Below- The Beerbelly 'Portable Brewery' !! We were going to brew without bothering to take it off the ute, but it didn't happen. Some SENSIBLE people intervened and suggested that it might not be too good to have the NASA running so close to a 60 litre LPG tank on the back....:) Spoilports.....

Pic_0706_027.jpg

Pic_0706_028.jpg

IMGP1876.JPG

KHB the two schooner screamer. Crash and burn man, crash and burn.

BYB

it turned out to be a bloody great day. Some great pics dom, not sure belinda will think that though!! BYB and Dr Smurto both had hobgoblin clones which were very tasty. Rustyc had a nice IPA, also tried a really nice dopplebock which i think belonged to AdamT.

Cheers KHB

Latest posts

Back