2006 Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sydney porter

oh thats sydney piorter the black actor he about a century old from a clouded back ground not sure how easy he would be to brew though lol :blink:

delboy

are london humour you just got to love it :D

Well I'm guessing porter. An old style with some conjecture about it's pre-industrial history with the storing in large wooden vats adding what we would now consider infections.

Cheers
MAH

It's between porter & stout in my book - but stout edges it? covers everything in Chillers clues, I think :blink: ..

while everyones having stabs in the dark, some more educated than others ;)
I'll put my tip in too...its sounds like porter to me!

Candy store rock
Jayse

Ross said:
It's between porter & stout in my book - but stout edges it? covers everything in Chillers clues, I think :blink: ..
[post="85001"][/post]​

Just read the opening chapter to my "Homebrew Classics - Stout & Porter" by Clive La Pensee & Roger Protz & had a change of opinion if that's allowed :D
PORTER

Porter would be interesting if it is. Hard to brew a bad one. Even harder to brew a standout.

Guest Lurker said:
Porter would be interesting if it is. Hard to brew a bad one. Even harder to brew a standout.
[post="85016"][/post]​

Give me a couple of hours and i will post the details and you can fire up your boilers.

It will be fun.

Steve

chiller said:
The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

At first this led me to think it might be Spiced Lager

chiller said:
The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

But when you take into account this criteria it can't be.

Obviously it's a real beer style and not some looney HBS owner invention.

Sorry about the thread highjack Steve, I couldn't resist.

Still reckon it's Porter.

Cheers
MAH

Back