2006 Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiller

Reaction score
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.

You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------

Steve

chiller said:
The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------

This sounds more like my kind of a challenge. When will you be releasing the rest of the details Chiller ?

Doc

Doc said:
chiller said:

This sounds more like my kind of a challenge. When will you be releasing the rest of the details Chiller ?

Doc
[post="84849"][/post]​

Hi Doc,

Shortly I'll release the details, but i'm sure you have a good idea what it is :)

Steve

Ever the mystery man, chiller. I look forward to more details as they emerge. Let's see if I can better this years result :ph34r:

chiller said:
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.

Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​

If not for the "infection" statement, i'd say a porter. Am intrigued.

[/quote]

[post="84862"][/post]​
[/quote]

It is good to have intrigue -- all of my brewdays are punctuated by intrigue :)

Details soon.

Steve

Stop teasing Chiller!

We want to start planning our recipes and doing some test brews.

Jazman said:
may just do a lambic?????????
[post="84897"][/post]​

It is possible it is a Belgian ----- but !!

Steve

what about a Flanders Red... :beer:

Aaron said:
Stop teasing Chiller!
[post="84896"][/post]​

This is the mash paddle, remember? We never get the entire story right away.

GMK said:
what about a Flanders Red... :beer:
[post="84924"][/post]​

Well i seem to have valid suggestions for the Paddle to the year 2010 but still not quite there for this coming year.

Steve

jgriffin said:
chiller said:

Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​

[post="84862"][/post]​

My guess as well jgriffin
A robust Porter , bit of history behind that , as Chiller says easy to brew a Porter , hard to brew a winning Porter

Well my guess is in...others?

Batz

Batz said:
jgriffin said:
chiller said:

Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​

[post="84862"][/post]​

My guess as well jgriffin
A robust Porter , bit of history behind that , as Chiller says easy to brew a Porter , hard to brew a winning Porter

Well my guess is in...others?

Batz
[post="84933"][/post]​

I promise i will reveal all tomorrow night !!

Steve

Baltic Porter....

Latest posts

Back