2006 Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.


You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------


Steve
 

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Joined
7/12/02
Messages
7,713
Reaction score
40
Location
Sydney
chiller said:
The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------
This sounds more like my kind of a challenge. When will you be releasing the rest of the details Chiller ?

Doc
 

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
Doc said:
chiller said:
The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------
This sounds more like my kind of a challenge. When will you be releasing the rest of the details Chiller ?

Doc
[post="84849"][/post]​

Hi Doc,

Shortly I'll release the details, but i'm sure you have a good idea what it is :)

Steve
 

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Joined
1/4/04
Messages
3,734
Reaction score
17
Ever the mystery man, chiller. I look forward to more details as they emerge. Let's see if I can better this years result :ph34r:
 

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Joined
16/5/04
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
chiller said:
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.


You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------


Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​
If not for the "infection" statement, i'd say a porter. Am intrigued.
 

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
[/quote]

If not for the "infection" statement, i'd say a porter. Am intrigued.
[post="84862"][/post]​
[/quote]


It is good to have intrigue -- all of my brewdays are punctuated by intrigue :)

Details soon.


Steve
 

Aaron

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/12/04
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
2
Stop teasing Chiller!

We want to start planning our recipes and doing some test brews.
 

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Joined
1/5/03
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
4
may just do a lambic?????????
 

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
Jazman said:
may just do a lambic?????????
[post="84897"][/post]​

It is possible it is a Belgian ----- but !!


Steve
 

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Joined
1/5/03
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
4
or a belgian porter hybrid or mongrel brew
 

Barry

To thine own self brew
Joined
7/12/02
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
84
stout, dry Irish?
 

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Joined
18/12/02
Messages
3,699
Reaction score
11
what about a Flanders Red... :beer:
 

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Joined
14/8/03
Messages
1,620
Reaction score
2
Aaron said:
Stop teasing Chiller!
[post="84896"][/post]​
This is the mash paddle, remember? We never get the entire story right away.
 

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
GMK said:
what about a Flanders Red... :beer:
[post="84924"][/post]​

Well i seem to have valid suggestions for the Paddle to the year 2010 but still not quite there for this coming year.

Steve
 

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Joined
8/8/03
Messages
12,731
Reaction score
1,417
jgriffin said:
chiller said:
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.


You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------


Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​
If not for the "infection" statement, i'd say a porter. Am intrigued.
[post="84862"][/post]​

My guess as well jgriffin
A robust Porter , bit of history behind that , as Chiller says easy to brew a Porter , hard to brew a winning Porter

Well my guess is in...others?

Batz
 

chiller

Well-Known Member
Joined
27/4/04
Messages
619
Reaction score
18
Batz said:
jgriffin said:
chiller said:
It is excellent to see the response to all the competitions running currently here in Australia.

As I indicated recently, the Mash Paddle is now part of the ANAWBS national beer competition and is the champion all grain beer of the show.

The beer I have chosen this years is historically very popular - in fact remained in production for well over a century.

The origins are cloudy whereas the beer is not.

The ingredient list is varied with a level of controlled infection historically accepted.

This beer is a homebrewers favourite. It is easy to make a good one but very hard to make an exceptional one. Commercial varieties are available but noone really knows if they are accurate representations.


You will have nearly 12 months to develop and perfect your beer for the next ANAWBS so put on your thinking caps -----------------


Steve
[post="84845"][/post]​
If not for the "infection" statement, i'd say a porter. Am intrigued.
[post="84862"][/post]​

My guess as well jgriffin
A robust Porter , bit of history behind that , as Chiller says easy to brew a Porter , hard to brew a winning Porter

Well my guess is in...others?

Batz
[post="84933"][/post]​
I promise i will reveal all tomorrow night !!

Steve
 

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Joined
18/12/02
Messages
3,699
Reaction score
11
Baltic Porter....
 

Latest posts

Top