2 Ipa News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicelore

Reaction score
Thaught id post up a email just recieved about Murrays 2 IPA..

Spring Has Sprung,
the Icons Done!

- Murrays 2IPA in bomber bottles available to
Blue Box members from this Thurs 3 SepSeptember 2009
ICON.jpg
Murrays will once again bomb the Aussie beer scene with a limited release of our benchmark extreme beer, Murrays Icon Imperial Indian Pale Ale (Icon 2IPA).

Icon is one of the highest rated beers in Australia, and the hoppiest beer consistently brewed in the southern hemisphere, says Shawn.

With more than one kilo of hops used to create every 100 litres of beer, we cannot physically make a beer any hoppier. While you may expect this to make the beer virtually undrinkable were proud of how balanced and beautifully drinkable the Icon is.

By popular demand, Murrays Icon 2IPA is packaged in 750ml bomber-style, collector edition bottles corked and caged like champagne. The bright and provocative labels were designed by Melbourne artist, David Lancashire, showing Murrays iconic kangaroo having a bit of fun.

Less than 1,000 bottles will be available.

Icon is the ultimate anti-bland beer, designed to challenge peoples perceptions of what beer is. Its a seriously big beer made for sipping or to be enjoyed with spicy food or very strong cheese, says Murray.

Murrays Icon 2IPA is made in the American version of the Imperial Indian Pale Ale style. The beers extensive hopping creates intense citrus, passionfruit and peppery characteristics, balanced by sweet biscuity malt and a full bodied, rich-and-rounded bitter finish. Murrays Icon 2IPA has 7.5% alcohol by volume.

Available to Blue Box members from Thursday 3 September (and to public Friday 4 September):
  • Online at <A title=blocked::http://www.vision6.com.au/ch/2392hzh/146957/06cecbds7.html href="http://www.vision6.com.au/ch/2392hzh/146957/06cecbds7.html" target=_blank>www.murraysbrewingco.com.au
  • Or direct from Murrays Brewery at 3443 Nelson Bay Rd, Bobs Farm (Port Stephens)
  • RRP is $18.00 for a 750ml bomber bottle

I love Shawn's work and don't mean to criticise him, but at last count Feral are using approx 2kg/100L in their Hop Hog, and it's available all year round.

MO HOPS PLZ

Murrays Icon 2IPA = favourite beer.

Not saying something else won't knock it down a notch in the near future, but as it stands, this is my favourite to date.

+ $15 PER BOTTLE postage makes this a pretty pricey 7.5%IPA...still, I'll probably get a couple of bottles.

"the American version of the Imperial Indian Pale Ale style"??

Apparently American... They use NZ hops in there pale ale.

:icon_drool2:

In the past I believe all Murray's beers used NZ and Australian hops but this may have changed now of course...

I was really excited by about this coming out, but the cost for shipping on top of the beer itself is a bit much. I was hoping they would bring it out in the stubbies. It is a shame, but no doubt I will still buy some... cause it is a GREAT beer!

So, anyone got theirs yet? Got my 2 yesterday, was thinking of downing one over the weekend and keeping one for my B'day in December. Anyone tried theirs yet? What'd ya think?

mine turned up on Tuesday...

dont know when I will crack one though...

Well, here it is
ICON2IPA.jpg

I think I'll be tasting hops hops over a week now.

Back