Murrays Beer Vs Wine Dinner In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received via email (no affiliation)...

She Said Wine , He Said Beer Dinner
Weds 6 June 7-10pm, Arun Thai Restaurant, 28 Macleay St, Potts Point

A special She Said Wine, He Said Beer dinner, presented by Murrays Craft Brewing Co, will debate the rival merits of wine versus beer as the best food match at Arun Thai Restaurant on Wednesday 6 June.

Sydneys beer and wine lovers are invited to enjoy five courses of Royal Thai food - prepared by acclaimed chef Khamtane Signavong from Arun Thai each matched with Murrays Craft Brewing Co ales and Tempus Two wines.

Rising star of the ************************ scene, Murrays Craft Brewing Co head brewer Graeme Mahy will joust with internationally recognised Tempus Two winemaker Lisa McGuigan as to why their bevy is best.

Murrays Icon 2IPA and Murrays Grand Cru will make their Sydney debut during what promises to be an entertaining, educational and unashamedly beer-biased evening.

The dinner price of $130 per person includes:

five courses matched to Murrays Craft Brewing Co beers and Tempus Two wines;
take home bottle of Tempus Two wine; and
weekend for two at The Pub With No Beer at Taylors Arm, northern NSW (home to Murrays Craft Brewing Co) incl two nights accommodation, lunch & breakfasts
Bookings essential through Arun Thai on 9326 9135.

Murrays Craft Brewing Co was launched in December 2005 and has quickly gained a reputation for brewing distinctive and adventurous beers. Most recently the brewery won Silver medals for both Murrays Sassy Blonde and Murrays Nirvana Pale Ale at the prestigious Australian International Beer Awards. www.murraysbrewingco.com.au

Drawing on her impeccable sense of style and originality, Lisa McGuigan has built the multi-award winning Tempus Two brand from scratch creating a range of products that are both striking in their appearance and superior in their quality. www.tempustwo.com.au

Sounds like Gough might get to meet a few AHBer's at the brewery

weekend for two at The Pub With No Beer at Taylors Arm, northern NSW (home to Murrays Craft Brewing Co) incl two nights accommodation, lunch & breakfasts

What a great marketting idea, put a dinner on in sydney and include the free stay at the brewery.

I like it.

Sounds like Gough might get to meet a few AHBer's at the brewery

I'm heading down to this one as well, so if any AHBers are planning on coming along let me know - would love to say g'day :) Should be a good night.

Shawn.

Kham's cooking matched to beers. What an unmissable combination. Seriously, Arun Thai is one of if not the best thai restaurants in Sydney - I'd put it equal number one with Sailors at the Rocks.

I'm seriously considering this night. And my last uni assignment will have been handed in the night before!

Of course, I'll need to convince the lady - easier said than done when we're supposed to be saving!

Kham's cooking matched to beers. What an unmissable combination. Seriously, Arun Thai is one of if not the best thai restaurants in Sydney - I'd put it equal number one with Sailors at the Rocks.

I'm seriously considering this night. And my last uni assignment will have been handed in the night before!

Of course, I'll need to convince the lady - easier said than done when we're supposed to be saving!

uni and saving at once doesn't leave a lot of room for beer dinners...i'm in the same posn.

would love to go though - cool idea. of course beer will win.

have you tried Spice I Am discoloop? crazy hot food, great when combined with schwartz pilsener from the macquarie a block away.

Back