2 Beers, 1 Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same idea this week, i've got two taps, but space for four kegs. Wife wants 4x flavours - im not excited about buying all the parts to extend the font to support two more taps (expensive).
I've got one of these in my drawer, bnafes Aquarium Air Valve 2 Way Inline Manifold Air Flow Pump Tubing Splitter Lever Control Valve : Amazon.com.au: Pet Supplies
from my fish tank, but it goes for 6mm to 8mm. Wondering what sort of problems i might have if i come out of the keg at 6mm, but up to the tap at 8mm (if any)

Can you just get a flow control disconnect or flow control tap and attach it to the keg? I have a three tap kegerator and a spare keg of Australian sparkling ale that I can't help but drink. I have a flow control disconnect to a short piece of tubing and a bronco tap. It works a treat!

If you want to connect multiple beers to the one tap then a manifild would work very well mounted just behind the tap. The amount of beer mixing would be very minimal or you could just dump the first bit before collecting in the glass.
I don't like the idea of using aluminium though, so unless you can find a stainless version you may have to get something custom made or try using multiple stainless fittings.
If it's just 2 beers (like your heading suggests) then use 2 duotight ball valves and a tee from Kegland and you're done. The amount of beer mixing in this case would be all but a dribble.

Latest posts

Back