1963 Vw Beetle Ground Up Restoration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok another update.

Pimped the pan

Marking out the pan to replace DODGY battery pan fix done years ago by the look of it.

These next photo's show why it had to be replaced

As above

Old vs new

Too late now to change my mind

Mocking up the fit

Those floor pans look positively fantastic compared to the ones in my brick before I did them. I think I could see more daylight than steel.

Anyway, a couple of ideas for you Chappo...

129191893518817962.jpg

129083370432231797.jpg

Good work, solid and done properly. I popped over to another HB'ers place the other day and saw his mint 1600cc bug - member is Barls. What is it with brewers, IT and beetles?

one quick VW

Out of interest...this Commodore is slower on the same track as tricked VW's.... go figure

You tube Grafton Hill climb

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, solid and done properly. I popped over to another HB'ers place the other day and saw his mint 1600cc bug - member is Barls. What is it with brewers, IT and beetles?
cheers mate. its a nice little bug but its not 1600 anymore. well hasnt been for the last couple of years, its 1979cc.
a nice little bit of grunt.

heres my favourite. 3L naturally aspirated. it doesnt run out of revs just gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday Bertie!

He was built on the 18th October 1963 at the Volkswagen factory in Clayton, Victoria.

Shell sitting out in the weather.

Internals clogging up the brew shed.

He is too busy boozing it up at Ross's bar. B)

DSCN4089.JPG

I bought a 74 Beetle dont let her looks full you she is in need of help. Does anyone know somebody who could rebuild a VW engine for cheap?

mate rebuild and cheap dont go together. where are you?
also try asking on here
www.aussieveedubbers.com

Happy 48th Birthday Bertie!!

Back