• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

1762 - Scottish Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
A friend has asked me to do a wee heavy for him, so I need the right yeast. If anyone has a sample of 1728, I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers :beer:

edit: gah! I'm currently doing a Belgian using 1762, I want 1728. Stupid brain! (and I'm not even drinking). Could a mod please edit the title so I don't look like a complete moron.

Why not o a "Scotch Ale" in the belgian tradition, and use your abbey yeat at the same time.

I'd love to do something along the lines of a McChouffe, but that's not what he wants.

A friend has asked me to do a wee heavy for him, so I need the right yeast. If anyone has a sample of 1728, I'd be most appreciative.

Used 1728 from the yeast swap (courtesy Batz) in an 80/- in primary at present, racking to secondary today, went off well, OG a little high for style at 1.061 but down to 1.012 in 4 days. The thing would krausen after a feed within about 5 hrs on the stir plate. Half an erlenmyer flask was as much as I could go without it coming out the top. Batz Scottish is really something so hopefully it'll follow suit, tastes good in primary.

I'd love to do something along the lines of a McChouffe, but that's not what he wants.
Funny-Post.gif

Cheers :beer:

edit: gah! I'm currently doing a Belgian using 1762, I want 1728. Stupid brain! (and I'm not even drinking). Could a mod please edit the title so I don't look like a complete moron.

Mr Fridge

I have a 1st gen sample in my fridge you are welcome to.....dated 1 Aug 2004. Now that I have found it I will be throwing it out, but with some tender care it would probably revive if you are desperate. Maybe try a pm to DeeBee, I think he is a fan of that yeast.

Oops, missed your reply GL. Do you still have the yeast?

Latest posts

Back