150 Ml Of Rain Since 9.00am

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
While I know quite a few of you have had heaps of rain lately, today in Tuross Head we got 150ml (or close enough) since 9.00am. Add that to the weekend's falls, we have had over 200ml fall in three days. Why am I happy - last year we barely got 500ml for the year! Sure the flooded yard and junk room is a nuisance, but its one I'm really enjoying!

Just thought I'd let you know!

Great to hear Fatz :D , ive been in the same situation with my new job, only worked 7 days and got sent home because of the rain in the Roma/Injune area, they have had shitloads..... Doesnt help my cause though... :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

Oh, and your Signature sounds like my situation at the moment.... :(

Hi Fatz I've been missing you - bloody good rain and not too damaging ?. I work in an inbound call centre for Hutchison and we do paging services for, amongst others, State Emergency Services for most of the Sydney area and the poor buggers have been hammered two weekends in a row with thousands of calls. Hopefully no damage around your area.
Cheers

Getting up here for the July case swap ??

Thats great fatz ,, its good too see most of nsw,se qld has had good rains of late....

Rain is mm
beer is ml

but I know what ya mean ;)

cheers

That's fantastic to hear Fatgodzilla. I was down in Narooma a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty dismal. Handkerchief beach was dry... the lakes are all very low and things were looking worse than I had ever seen them.

My guess is that this rain really helped out the lakes and rivers of the south coast.

That's fantastic to hear Fatgodzilla. I was down in Narooma a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty dismal. Handkerchief beach was dry... the lakes are all very low and things were looking worse than I had ever seen them.

My guess is that this rain really helped out the lakes and rivers of the south coast.

Yes, Coila lake at 100% - will need to be manually opened at low tide. Tuross River system already opened. There were flood warnings on the Bega & Moruya Rivers - Bega river was dry two weeks ago! Assume that Wallaga Lake and lakes south of Narooma now back to full too! Welcome flushings of water (& oxygen deprived) creeks and lagoons all up and down coast! The secret is getting back to constant coastal rain, though the projected El Nino may put us back to where we were all too soon. But be thankful for now!

Rain is mm
beer is ml

but I know what ya mean

Thank you for the correction Ned - all this water got to my brain! :lol: But this is a brewing site after all!

All that rain Fatz! Bloody hell! Sounds like you could dry hop the back yard. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back