150 liter Stainless stock pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight but it's insignificant. Especially with the thermal mass of the wort - the small amount of air that can get in and out isn't enough to cause an issue. Even more so with 4 fermenters.

JB said:
Apologies, this is also :icon_offtopic: & likely a dumb question, but having a heat pad / lamp / belt, whatever inside the fermentation fridge - how do you go with the power cord going from inside the fridge to outside to the power supply? Doesn't it leave a slight gap in the fridge seal?

:icon_offtopic: The power cable that you can see hanging in the picture is actually the heater cable. I drill a hole through the top of the fridge cabinet and mount the STC over the hole and drop the heater cable in to the cabinet then plug in a $12 fan heater from K M*^t. I have 2 fridges that I have done this too and they both work a treat.

Yeah, those 150L pots are great. I have had 138L (pre boil) very impressive sight!

Would love to see some pics of the internals and externals of a rig utilizing these pots?

balconybrewer said:
Would love to see some pics of the internals and externals of a rig utilizing these pots?
I hope to get mine all welded this week and I will post pics and reviews. It's been way too long,

Those 150l pots are calling me ... I haven't even finished my 70l setup and I want to order those bigger pots!! Hahaha ... the madness.

Hey Guys,

i just tested a couple of fittings in my HLT so I thought I'd post an internal pic for you. :drinks: my rig is at 150 Rig.
20140718_1626071_zps220fd3e2.jpg

Anyone doing anything electric with these pots? What kind of elements do you think you'd need to bring things to a boil?

STIK79 said:
Had 2 of the 88L pots delivered this morning, moving from biab to 3v (slowly)

Internal measurements 46.5 x 51 cm = 86.5 ish L

Wall thickness is 1.34 according to micrometer - and then taking into account the bend radius of the pot and the diameter of the micrometer probe lands it exactly on 1.2mm wall.

They're very shiny :)
I just got one of the 88L pots delivered..
and it's internal measurements are 48cm diameter (bottom) and 50cm diameter (top) with a height of 50cm..
Roughly calculated that's pretty much 98L...
I confirmed it by filling it, and it was bang on 98L (to the brim)..

The welds look clean and polished.

It was boxed from china.. and the stickers stated 88L... Go Figure!

HardEight said:
I just got one of the 88L pots delivered..
and it's internal measurements are 48cm diameter (bottom) and 50cm diameter (top) with a height of 50cm..
Roughly calculated that's pretty much 98L...
I confirmed it by filling it, and it was bang on 98L (to the brim)..

The welds look clean and polished.

It was boxed from china.. and the stickers stated 88L... Go Figure!
Maybe the Chinese are taking in to account expansion and boil over space.

Or the company making selling them already had the boxes and just bought from a different factory.

These are sounding pretty bloody good for a future upgrade to my boil kettle to move to triples. Anyone running them on gas? Wondering if the thinner bases are leaving any scorching.

I note these are not currently available, but still maybe worth contacting them to see when they're back in stock

Donske said:
Maybe the Chinese are taking in to account expansion and boil over space.

Or the company making selling them already had the boxes and just bought from a different factory.

These are sounding pretty bloody good for a future upgrade to my boil kettle to move to triples. Anyone running them on gas? Wondering if the thinner bases are leaving any scorching.

balconybrewer said:
Also interested on the gas heating on these?
No scorching at all using my Rambo in the 150L kettle.

I've used my 150lt pot several times with a 210,000 btu burner, no scorching problems at all.
I have the HP reg as well...........Burner

Crusty said:
I've used my 150lt pot several times with a 210,000 btu burner, no scorching problems at all.
I have the HP reg as well...........Burner

Good to know, I have the same burner, soon to be paired with the Rambo HP reg which I'm assuming you mean?

Donske said:
Good to know, I have the same burner, soon to be paired with the Rambo HP reg which I'm assuming you mean?
This is the one I have.
I'm pretty sure any high pressure reg that's adjustable will be fine.

Crusty said:
This is the one I have.
I'm pretty sure any high pressure reg that's adjustable will be fine.
That's the one I meant.

You would imagine they'd all be the same, unfortunately there are some out there that don't live up to their marketing.

I'd sell you my 150L pot which has a ball valve at the bottom for $250. it's top quality, getting rid of it cos i got a braumeister now ;)

So thats new price plus a hundred for the tap?

Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Back