15 grams of yeast.. instead of 11.5..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So at the end of the day..... Is 15 grams of yeast better than 11grams? The whole reason i started this thread, was that with the beer that we were brewing we were getting really yeasty crap leftover in our kegs. After tipping them out.
And really tarty/lemon flavour in our brews.
So i went on a problem solving mission. One of the things i thought id tick off was the yeast. Hence the question! After long discussions with my mate we worked out we are over hopping our brews. also a few other probs. But after months of thought and shit beer, we have hit the holy grail!! A hop theif 7 clone. piss easy clone i must say.
With 15grams of yeast too! :beerbang:
I must say one thing, kegking has been our go to shop for everything to get us brewing all grain. With out em, i think i wouldnt be brewing all grain. There shop is like a toy shop for me! too many kegs later and not enough beer to fill em :rolleyes:. but always good grain and service. So does it really matter weather its 15g or 11g?

ps kegkings hop spiders are really good :) I personally think they fixed our problems :super: hop socks tied to tight are shit.
Cheers all!!

My God man! Can't you just let it die already!! ;-)

Beak said:
So at the end of the day..... Is 15 grams of yeast better than 11grams? T
Depends on if you re-hydrate or not..........mmmm....maybe they made 15gm packs to suit one method .....and the 11gm packs for the other method

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons (or the kittens amongst the airlocks.....the gladwrap amongst the fermenter lids....the sprinklers amongst the rehydraters amongst the startermakers). What about s189? Not available in homebrew packs from fermentis, but several retailers supply it repackaged.

Is this dodgy or helpful? And should i buy the 24g oacks or the 15g?

It's not really about the repacking per se - I think Feldon's link on page 1 explains the issue better.

Latest posts

Back