1.6kg + 2.6Kg Luxfer Aluminium CO2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thread for the continued discussion of these cylinders currently available on eBay from the eBay V5 thread.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australian-Standard-Carbon-Dioxide-CO2-Gas-Bottle-Cylinder-1-8kg-FULL-ALUMINIUM-/121372993597

I received myne this morning poorly packaged in a keg king box. Its nice to know 3000PSI is rolling around in a box not marked fragile by a courier. IMG_20140717_072257.jpg

Enough of my rant, the cylinder itself is in great condition and is stamped 06/14 so plenty of years left in it.

Upsides:
Its cheap
Its aluminium
You don't swap it you keep your own cylinder.

Cons:
It doesn't look like these will be available for long.
You can't swap and go it, you have to get it filled.
IMG_20140717_073007.jpg

Waiting for mine to arrive..... Hope it makes it!

I like the way the add says it will be shrink warped, and the picture looks like a bit of glad wrap around the top!

Price is hard to beat.....

How do you work out if it is full?

Beercus

The cylinder's label is marked "bottles remain property of momentum group" but I can only assume this is numm and void by the fact I purchased it second hand.

IMG_20140717_072333.jpg

IMG_20140717_073035.jpg

IMG_20140717_073049.jpg

beercus said:
Waiting for mine to arrive..... Hope it makes it!
I like the way the add says it will be shrink warped, and the picture looks like a bit of glad wrap around the top!
Price is hard to beat.....
How do you work out if it is full?
Beercus
Lol its that really stiff plastic wrap stuff, not much of a seal but it keeps the protective plastic cap on there which is what you want.

Weight would be the best way to tell if its full/empty. Its marked on the label the full and empty weight which is much better than the steel KK counterparts.

IMG_20140717_090743.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_090813.jpg
    IMG_20140717_090813.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 33
The weight tags will help, thanks....

The original add says that the bottle is brand new, not second hand. Is this an issue with filling?

Condition:

Brand New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item

Got mine last night. Delivery guy threw it across the from step... The seller needs to mark fragile...

There seems to be some rust marks around the connection at the top, but apart from that very good condition.

Beercus

No more 2.6kg ones :( anyone got one and doesn't want it?

Bugger he must have only had 20ish of them.
Possibly try to PM him on eBay to see if he has any more?

The 1.6kg is still a decent deal for portable setups though.

Mine was delivered yesterday packed inside a keg king box.

I'd be estimating around 20 kegs carbonated and dispensed.

Oh, that's plenty. Cost for refill on these things? Any suggestions on where to get them refilled?

BungBrew said:
That's about right for 2.6kg

1.6kg would be proportionally less.

Refills are at this listed in the my kegs with legs website not keg king as stated above.

lael said:
How many kegs will 1.6kg do?
BungBrew said:
It's actually 1.8kg not 1.6kg
The cylinder holds enough CO2 to carbonate and dispense about 150 Litres of beer = approx 8 kegs

Mine arrived today, looks really good.
I wonder if I should order another and do away with BOC?

Batz

Latest posts

Back