• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

BIAB Set Up & CO2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMattS

Reaction score
Hi

Just the barest of delays between signing up and my first post....

I'm moving from BIAB to a 3 vessel set up and I'm upsizing my CO2 cylinder so I have a few things for sale;

The BIAB set up includes;
  • A 50L keggle engineered by MHB (has a welded thread for a screw on tap and pick up tube)
  • An ill-fitting lid that I bought from Big W (if you're half way handy (I'm not) I'm sure you could make the keggle hole bigger so the lid fits better)
  • A 3-ring burner with a standard LPG regulator
  • A kettle stand that I made from slotted angle stuff (from Bunnings) that screws together. By no means a feat of engineering but it does the job and gets the burner in the right spot for optimal heat.
  • A bag my old girl made
  • A car rack ratchet thing that I used to lift the bag out of the liquor
  • A couple of big spoons
  • A stick thermometer
  • Lots of left over muslin
  • A length of high quality silicone hose for wort transfer
  • A blue rectangular no-chill 'cube'
I reckon I've done about 40 standard size brews with this set up and it hasn't missed a beat. Yours for $80.

The CO2 cylinder is a 1Kg Diemen purchased from MHB five years ago. It's got a date stamp of 10/08 and I get it filled by Brewman or Fire Box (at Beresfield) for around $10. I understand that Brew-By-U at Cardiff can fill it too but I've never used them. I've asked Fire Box when I need it re-certifified but the guy there said it's still a ways off. I get about 8 kegs out of it with a bit of line cleaning etc in between. I've gone up to a 2.6Km swap job. Looking for $50 for the 1Kg Diemen.

I'm in Belmont (Lake Macquarie) if you'd like to arrange pick up. Alternatively, I work in the CBD so I can do a drop off if you're somewhere reasonably close to the Pacific Highway.

Some photos below. Let me know if I've left any details out and/or if you need any other photos.

Cheers

Matt

IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG

Looks like a couple of bargains. That co2 cylinder looks perfect for a portable setup, I'd think twice before selling it.

Yob said:
Yeah man. Keep it as a backup, I've got a 6 and a 2.5, love the little one for being so portable
Too late, man. Sometimes you just don't get through to them in time.

I would have bought it if another deserving Novocastrian hadn't, even though it's a bit small for me. I suppose my kids could use if for the Lemonade and Raspberry cordials, with the picnic tap...

CO2 cylinder gone to Krausen & BIAB set up gone to MatJ (both pending payment)

Thanks for the interest

Matt

Latest posts

Back