Quantcast

1/2" Stainless Motorised Ball Vales

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

andytork

Reaction score
IMAG0084.jpgView attachment 55762All,

I have just placed an order for 10 ball vales as per topic title, these are 5 wire , 12vdc / 24vdc versions. I don't need all 10, this is my second order, I only ordered 5 first time round to make sure they were ok. 5 wire is 2 for motor (you reverse polarity), 3 for common and open / closed sensor microswitch

Will probably have 4-6 free when I am done, I paid a few cents short of $40 each for them (by the time I paid silly shippping and bank changes)

I did have a couple that had sliced wires coming out about 1/2 way down the cable (which is only 6 inches or so long), didn't bother me, I opened them (voiding their pointless warranty) and replaced with 2 metres of good quality cable (will cut down down during final assembly)

They look reasonable well build, I tested all the first five and they work fine.

Anyone interested in any of my surplus pm me, items are still in transit, will be a couple of weeks yet (first ones arrived very quickly, but I always factor 2 weeks from china). I am located in Boronia, VIC. Collect or I will post for cost.

This is purely expression of interest for now, before I expect any money I will test the valves to make sure they open / close as expected

Specs pasted below

Thanks

Andy

EDIT : I will also have a load of solid state relays left over in a couple of weeks, ordered at least twice as many as I need, at only $5 each better to have too many than have to run to Jaycar and pay $40 each (same with dual "old fashioned" relay boards, why buy two relays, transistors etc, when you can buy assembled and shipped for $2-$3 per double each)

Body: stainless steel 304
Ball: stainless steel 304
Stem: stainless steel 304
Actuator: heat-resistant ABS
Sealing: PTFE, silicon rubber ball seat, EPDM and NBR stem seat, NBR o-rings

Technical parameters:

Valve Size: 1/2'',DN15 (15mm)

Material: stainless steel 304

Work Voltage: DC12-24VDC

On/off Time: < 3sec

Pressure: 0-1.0mPa (0-10bar,150psi)

Temperature: 0-100 degree

Actuator rotation: 90 degree

Rotation direction: double acting

Power: maximum 5W

Protection: IP65

Long Using Life: 100,000 circles

Low working current: only 60 to 80mA

andytork

Reaction score
Comprises so far of

90 odd litre stainless HTL (electric)
65 Litre Mashtun (one stainless inside another with expanding foam between
90 odd litre kettle (electric)

1 x pump (may need another)
2 x micro controllers (1x ArmV9 touchscreen, 1 x Arduino mega in an master / slave arrangement)
4 x solid state relays
3 x temp probes
3 x pressure sensors (probably only use 2)
2 x bubblers for above
8+ motorised ball valve

Lots of stainless and silicone stuff to go with it, chillers etc, water filters ordered, solenoid valve for main water ordered (don't want a motorised ball valve on that one)

Just scored a nice electrical enclosure for $35 today, then spent $40 on 1.8 metres of 3.5mm ID tube (go figure)

I am a bit rubbish at blogging things and a bit random at bulding it too

gava

I do rather like beer.....
Reaction score
are theses KLD?

kymba

what?
Reaction score
Sounds like ultra bling Andy - look forward to seeing the end product. definitely interested in the 4 ssr's - are they the fostecs?

leahy268

Reaction score
Sounds like ultra bling Andy - look forward to seeing the end product. definitely interested in the 4 ssr's - are they the fostecs?
Hmm funny thing about that.
I was reading this topic only the other day.
About to put in an order for 4 x 3 way motorised valves.
They come in at around $60 each. That's the ones with the manual override and so forth.
Brass for me though as none of the rest of my rig is stainless.

Andyd

Reaction score
Looks like the same valves I bought about 24 months ago Andy, possibly even the same mob in China?

If anyone's wondering, they're still working a treat and I haven't had any problems with them. I went for the simpler open/close mechanism, but that shouldn't affect the outcome.

On your mains water valve you might in fact have been just as well off with a ball valve there. They're mechanically superior to almost all solenoid valves, and will subsequently stand up to hydrostatic pressure better.

I could probably go one more valve is you end up with any left - 10 in the system so far... :)

Andyd

Latest posts