• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

1/2" Stainless Motorised Ball Vales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytork

Reaction score
IMAG0084.jpgView attachment 55762All,

I have just placed an order for 10 ball vales as per topic title, these are 5 wire , 12vdc / 24vdc versions. I don't need all 10, this is my second order, I only ordered 5 first time round to make sure they were ok. 5 wire is 2 for motor (you reverse polarity), 3 for common and open / closed sensor microswitch

Will probably have 4-6 free when I am done, I paid a few cents short of $40 each for them (by the time I paid silly shippping and bank changes)

I did have a couple that had sliced wires coming out about 1/2 way down the cable (which is only 6 inches or so long), didn't bother me, I opened them (voiding their pointless warranty) and replaced with 2 metres of good quality cable (will cut down down during final assembly)

They look reasonable well build, I tested all the first five and they work fine.

Anyone interested in any of my surplus pm me, items are still in transit, will be a couple of weeks yet (first ones arrived very quickly, but I always factor 2 weeks from china). I am located in Boronia, VIC. Collect or I will post for cost.

This is purely expression of interest for now, before I expect any money I will test the valves to make sure they open / close as expected

Specs pasted below

Thanks

Andy

EDIT : I will also have a load of solid state relays left over in a couple of weeks, ordered at least twice as many as I need, at only $5 each better to have too many than have to run to Jaycar and pay $40 each (same with dual "old fashioned" relay boards, why buy two relays, transistors etc, when you can buy assembled and shipped for $2-$3 per double each)

Body: stainless steel 304
Ball: stainless steel 304
Stem: stainless steel 304
Actuator: heat-resistant ABS
Sealing: PTFE, silicon rubber ball seat, EPDM and NBR stem seat, NBR o-rings

Technical parameters:

Valve Size: 1/2'',DN15 (15mm)

Material: stainless steel 304

Work Voltage: DC12-24VDC

On/off Time: < 3sec

Pressure: 0-1.0mPa (0-10bar,150psi)

Temperature: 0-100 degree

Actuator rotation: 90 degree

Rotation direction: double acting

Power: maximum 5W

Protection: IP65

Long Using Life: 100,000 circles

Low working current: only 60 to 80mA

Comprises so far of

90 odd litre stainless HTL (electric)
65 Litre Mashtun (one stainless inside another with expanding foam between
90 odd litre kettle (electric)

1 x pump (may need another)
2 x micro controllers (1x ArmV9 touchscreen, 1 x Arduino mega in an master / slave arrangement)
4 x solid state relays
3 x temp probes
3 x pressure sensors (probably only use 2)
2 x bubblers for above
8+ motorised ball valve

Lots of stainless and silicone stuff to go with it, chillers etc, water filters ordered, solenoid valve for main water ordered (don't want a motorised ball valve on that one)

Just scored a nice electrical enclosure for $35 today, then spent $40 on 1.8 metres of 3.5mm ID tube (go figure)

I am a bit rubbish at blogging things and a bit random at bulding it too

Sounds like ultra bling Andy - look forward to seeing the end product. definitely interested in the 4 ssr's - are they the fostecs?

Sounds like ultra bling Andy - look forward to seeing the end product. definitely interested in the 4 ssr's - are they the fostecs?

Hmm funny thing about that.
I was reading this topic only the other day.
About to put in an order for 4 x 3 way motorised valves.
They come in at around $60 each. That's the ones with the manual override and so forth.
Brass for me though as none of the rest of my rig is stainless.

Looks like the same valves I bought about 24 months ago Andy, possibly even the same mob in China?

If anyone's wondering, they're still working a treat and I haven't had any problems with them. I went for the simpler open/close mechanism, but that shouldn't affect the outcome.

On your mains water valve you might in fact have been just as well off with a ball valve there. They're mechanically superior to almost all solenoid valves, and will subsequently stand up to hydrostatic pressure better.

I could probably go one more valve is you end up with any left - 10 in the system so far... :)

Andyd

Back