1/2" Bsp Tap/die Supplier In Adelaide?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerben

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone here know where I might find a single 1/2" BSP tap? I need to retap the thread on a socket in my mash tun because it got some weld in it.... annoying.

Thanks
Ben

Blackwoods.
Or if you have them over in SA try Thomas Warburtons.

Having said that I just checked a warburtons catalogue and no BSP taps appear - thats not to say they dont have them though.

What about total tools - they actually have a supprising amount of that kind of stuff!

Thanks for they quick responses guys, will give them all a try...

Cheers
Ben

Thanks for they quick responses guys, will give them all a try...

Cheers
Ben

Taps are quite expensive Ben, I know someone who would do it for you if need be.

Batz

Yeah I wouldnt expect much change from about $100 for a 1/2 tap. Maybe more.

Ben i got mine from ebay - aus supply was very expensive so i bought it from the UK for something like $13 +$8 delivery - was here within the week.

have a look as i dont recall the details but i could not find anything close to this in aus. It may not be the best quality but did the job just fine for me

Ben,
Will send you a pm, i have a set that your more than welcome to borrow.

Regards Tony

Dear All,

I found that I need to locate a 1/2" BSP tap to build my brew stand as I thought that my arc welding had warped the sockets that I was keen to attached to both the mash tun and boil kettle (in this case i was correct). i found on the internet a group in QLD call the tool exchange and the cost of a single 1/2" BSP (14P) P&N tap was $14 delivered to Perth. The service was prompt and the guy suggested (although not confirmed) that there were multiples available (alas no 1/2" bsp die's).

Hope this helps other out there - I am sure the cost of this type of product at the 'bunnings' of this world would of been in excess of a crisp $50 (cane toad!)

Any one in Perth or else where that need to borrow mine - pls PM me, it is now a relic of my tool cab!

cheers

MWS

Back